585,712 active members*
4,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

first build program

First I have made the software and afterwards I am going to make the cnc!

Steps to use:
    1.Drag or resize the application window so that inner retangle show the image you want to capture
    2. Click the "Capture Screen" button
    3. Click the "Do Outline" button

And you are done, the output will have the outline of the selected image from the inner rectangle.

*Note that the outline is made only for black (or gray) objects.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very cool tool.

A few questions:
    How do you save the results? I know this is reaching, but can you save as a vector file?

Also What does the 'Scara g' field control? I assume it's dpi, but have no real idea.

I'd also suggest outlining the view box and making/explaining the drag to re-size controls more obvious. You might be able to accommodate non b/w images if you allow a user selectable difference slider. (I assume you're doing a delta between neighboring pixels).

I look forward to updates

Hi,
    Thank you for your interest. This is a project that is in it's very beginig state (pre-alpha).

The main ideea of the program will be to draw outlines from the selected portion of the screen buffer and import it to either compatible bitmap or CNC GCode (*.nc) file format so that many other applications can use the saved data. And of course for the direct use to our small custom CNC. Also we will try to adapt our application so that it can communicate with other CNCs using the parrallel port.

On such a short notice we've added the save bitmap feature (i probabily belive that this is what you where reffering by a vector file, if not than i missunderstood).

"Scara G" actually stands for "gray scale", the value from that input field is the maximum range of pixel colors (b/w for the moment) starting from the original "black" pixel. In other words it draws outline for black and "gray" pixels.

The resize control will be more obvious later on in the proect, for the moment we've added a video tutorial on Youtube for who is interested in using our application.

* We've also made another application for editing the values of X,Y,Z from Gcode (*.nc) files plus other usefull editing functions for that file format.

All requests or help are welcomed.

The CostyContur application
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_icHPsvO48]CNC drilling machine image outline ( small application ) - YouTube[/ame]

The Gcode editor online (javascript)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-AhMtOv4IU]CNC Gcode editor online (javascript version) - YouTube[/ame]

Not needed G-code!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkWean5WwME]CNC using Paint Webcam Notepad easy software, polystyrene shapes - YouTube[/ame]