584,850 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Do you have pets running around the shop??

Do you have pets running around the shop??

We have three dogs, two cats, a few bats on third shift and believe it or not my dad brings a monkey to work about half the time...

I used to have raccoons but my tools kept rusting, they had used them as a urinal I guess at one time and it dried before I noticed, yuck!!

I'm having trouble with one of my cats playing with my 24 pocket ATC and crawling through the saw... I've calculated his nine lives will expire February 7th at 11:24 am...

We obviously own this company but I've seen A LOT of animals around the shops in town and no serious pet injuries so far unless you count the Jack Russell Terrier that constantly eats the stray plastic pellets you put into injection molding presses. I saw the stool sample the owner took to the vet!! 50-60% poly-pro by volume I would guess!! LOL, you ought to see the owners yard, it's like year round snow in some areas!!

BTW, this dog has been doing this since 1990 when I first met him~

The welder down the street has Ostriches that come in~
    It might be the name of our city is the culprit:

KalamaZOO
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Wow! that is sooo cool! Since I'm the only person in my compan to do CNC, I'm prety much on my own all day- I can go 3 days without speaking a single word to another living soul. I want a cat!
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

My wife is a cat nut. We've got about 12 running around the farm. Only two allowed inside. These two own the place. Tiger jumps on my shoulder anytime I'm programming at the computer. A while back, Socks started using the tool steel tubs when his littler box wasn't clean enough. (anybody need some severely corroded A2??)Keeping the litter box changed and putting moth balls in the tubs solved the problem.

Both cats own the shop, they tolerate me in there.

Karl

My wife and I have 12 cats, all are indoor cats. It wasn't my idea to have so many cats, quite frankly, I don't like cats. I am a dog person. I love animals but dogs rank highest in my book. Show me a man with twelve cats and I'll show you a man with way too much ***** on his hands. I keep my cats out of my shop. Thay're way too rambuctious, specially when they're playing around. I had one cat chew the wire on my sherline mill and get a good shock that the cat zipped out of the shop like greased lightening, the cat was fine except for looking as if it were always wincing for two months. But if there was a cat I have to choose out of all of them I would chose Bear, a black and white cat who rats on the other cats by meowing when the other cats find a way in my shop, he's a major ass kisser but it always works to my advantage.

I got bugs in my machine lol does that count?
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Used to have a dog and two cats. One of the cats used to sleep up inside the suspended ceiling over one of the offices. We discovered this when one day a cat and a big pile of ceiling tile fragments descended onto one of the desks; don't know which was more surprised the cat or the person at the desk. Dog died, cats dissappeared and life is less entertaining now.

Everyone brings their dog to work and they have a fenced in yard on the side of the building to play in and they also have the run of the offices. A total of seven dogs here. We do not have a lot of walk-in business so we don't have to worry about looking like a professional business.

Shhhhh, they're sleeping

My rottweiler is sleeping on the new bed he got from his grandma for Christmas and my big cat is sleeping on top of him, there is something wrong with this picture!!

I got my raccoons from a customer who had ceiling problems similar to yours, only every 3-6 days a baby raccoon would fall onto the owners desk. I picked up four of them and a pile of work this year by doing that but one condition was that I bring them back for the owner, (70ish widower) to play with... LOL, last time I brought one in, it crapped mustard looking stew down his shirt, pants and arm and he still gave me more work to boot!!

:banana:

I had a pet rattlesnake in an aquarium for 13 months onetime too... Firsssssst thing you saw coming through the door... Kind of unnerving for some people but everybody knew about us... Marketing ploy anyone?!
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Hehe, Milot which is a kind of garfield cat always creep up on underneath the table, then in between it and the keyboard tray. So I go typing and he grabs my hand from underneat the table. Scared me badly one day I was pretty contentrated. I also learned to disable jogging in mach3 this way... But I would'nt go without Milot.

Gee, this cat is born on the same day as I... It was meant to be my cat! So life goes one and each time I launch a job I always remember to disable jog... well, almost... He's kind enough to remind me...

Para
    Paraman, Parabeast, Paramachine, Parameter.
    The many in one and the one in the many.

A Rottweiler, 3 cats are running around my shop, Big Guy, shown below usually is not exerting enough energy to run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BG.jpg  

Ive got a sweet little puppy that I found in the neighborhood around my foamcutting shop. So far Ive managed to teach her to stay of the cnc table, and the smell of the melting foam seems to keep her away from the hot part as well. There is also a tiny grey mouse that runs the place after hours. When I stay and work late (which is all the time now) I see it pretty regularly. At first I thought I was developing some sort of 'tick' in my vison, little flash or shadow in the corner of my eye. I dont know if my eyes are getting faster or the mouse is getting slower or braver, but I see it all the time now. I figure it cant hurt having a tiny vacuum cleaner picking up sandwich and potato chip crumbs for me for free I just hope hes a loner.

I milled this out of a block of 6061 Alum.

j/k This is Erin.
    Shes a great shop cat. Doesn't mind the chips and coolant in the fur.

Just hope she won't use it as a litter box!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cat.jpg  

oppss...to late.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cat1.jpg  

Re: Do you have pets running around the shop??

I have two cats, but I don’t let them out

We also have a ferret. I haven’t seen a funnier animal. At first I thought that he would someday have a bite to me of the carotid artery: that was how he aimed at it. Well, constantly something tyrit and drags into his secret corner. And I still do not understand why he needs my socks and slippers? =) Also, when he runs around the apartment, he leaves behind a terrible mess. But we are already used to it and it does not bother us.

so that your pets do not run around the shops, you need to educate them!

Each pet owner must understand that he is fully responsible for his life, as well as for the physical and mental health of his pet. The animal must be manageable. This is necessary for the safety of both the owner and other members of the society in which it lives. Therefore, immediately, for example, with the appearance of a puppy in the house, an important and responsible process of its socialization and education begins, which gradually develops into a real adult dog training. You can learn more about training, as well as a lot of other interesting information at https://petonbed.com/ By the way, if you plan to start working with a puppy, then the best age for mastering the start of education is 4 months. Success depends on the following factors:
    Motivation. In order for the dog to be involved in the training process with pleasure, it is necessary to interest her in this. Therefore, each correct execution of the team should be rewarded with dainty, praise and stroking.
    Timing - it is important to give encouragement in the form of goodies or praise with stroking - only after the full completion of the team, but at the same time. If you hesitate with the treat, the dog will not associate this with the performed action, the effect of consolidating the command will not work. If the dog has not completed the command to the end and receives a reward before this moment, she will also not learn to execute the commands correctly.
    Negative motivation or negative reinforcement is used only to suppress the unwanted (incorrect or even dangerous) behavior of the dog. However, if the dog executed the command, even if not immediately, being distracted during the process or after several repetitions, but nevertheless performed it to the end, many scolded the dog, which should never be done. For example, if you gave the command “Come to me!”, The dog stubbornly stubbornly for a long time, but after 5 minutes he nevertheless came up - you should not scold the dog, otherwise it will understand this as a suppression of unwanted behavior and will cease to be suitable at all. You will achieve the opposite effect, which will be difficult to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tina77 View Post
    Each pet owner must understand that he is fully responsible for his life, as well as for the physical and mental health of his pet. The animal must be manageable. This is necessary for the safety of both the owner and other members of the society in which it lives. Therefore, immediately, for example, with the appearance of a puppy in the house, an important and responsible process of its socialization and education begins, which gradually develops into a real adult dog training. You can learn more about training, as well as a lot of other interesting information at https://petonbed.com/ By the way, if you plan to start working with a puppy, then the best age for mastering the start of education is 4 months. Success depends on the following factors:
    Motivation. In order for the dog to be involved in the training process with pleasure, it is necessary to interest her in this. Therefore, each correct execution of the team should be rewarded with dainty, praise and stroking.
    Timing - it is important to give encouragement in the form of goodies or praise with stroking - only after the full completion of the team, but at the same time. If you hesitate with the treat, the dog will not associate this with the performed action, the effect of consolidating the command will not work. If the dog has not completed the command to the end and receives a reward before this moment, she will also not learn to execute the commands correctly.
    Negative motivation or negative reinforcement is used only to suppress the unwanted (incorrect or even dangerous) behavior of the dog. However, if the dog executed the command, even if not immediately, being distracted during the process or after several repetitions, but nevertheless performed it to the end, many scolded the dog, which should never be done. For example, if you gave the command “Come to me!”, The dog stubbornly stubbornly for a long time, but after 5 minutes he nevertheless came up - you should not scold the dog, otherwise it will understand this as a suppression of unwanted behavior and will cease to be suitable at all. You will achieve the opposite effect, which will be difficult to correct.
    i have read your post, thats true what you have written. thanks for sharing your words.

Quote Originally Posted by johndevis960 View Post
    i have read your post about https://astroworldmerch.net/, thats true what you have written. thanks for sharing your words.
    thanks for sharing these words.