585,753 active members*
4,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Timing belts and pulleys suppliers that I can order online from?

Cool Timing belts and pulleys suppliers that I can order online from?

I have a small shopping list of parts:

1 x 2000mm GT2 (2mm) endless belt
    2 x 20 teeth pulleys
    1 x shaft for one of the pulleys (I think, have to review this)
    something to keep the pulley on the shaft in place (hubs?) and bearings presumably for the shaft as well.

2 x clamps to attach a plate to the belt

SPD/SI seems to have some things I want, but their page on clamps is broken, except for one page where the clamps are $80 a piece?! seems really high.

Unfortunately, there are few places where I can actually you know, GIVE MONEY and get products back without any fuss. I don't want to have to talk to anyone or go through any kind of auxilary process just to buy something

Another tricky bit, is that since I'm in Canada, if a vendor ships exclusively with UPS, then I refuse to do business. UPS are a bunch of filthy crooks. They will charge extortion-like COD charges without warning for things like "brokerage", which really means they feel that signing a piece of paper is worth 80% of the package's value. No other major carrier does this to me, with USPS usually never resulting any kind of COD charge.

So any recommendations?

thanks,

Order the Musumi USA catalogue, valuable just as a reference, they ship to Canada UPS or Fedex, brokerage paid.
    Not sure where 'Nowhere' Canada is but if you are near a large city, most of the bearing supply places can obtain Martin Sheave products, which are good, but Imperial, Misumi have both Metric and Imp.
    Also in the city I am in, I have a local custom office and I can tell UPS I will clear my own customs, which is relatively easy.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Order the Musumi USA catalogue, valuable just as a reference, they ship to Canada UPS or Fedex, brokerage paid.
    Not sure where 'Nowhere' Canada is but if you are near a large city, most of the bearing supply places can obtain Martin Sheave products, which are good, but Imperial, Misumi have both Metric and Imp.
    Also in the city I am in, I have a local custom office and I can tell UPS I will clear my own customs, which is relatively easy.
    Al.
    Thanks,

but even this site does everything in its power to delay you from your purchase, forcing me to register an account before I can do anything?

And they ask in the registration form: "Why did you decide to register?" I selected other hoping for a text box to write in "because you gave me no other choice" :/

*sigh*

I didn't think it was a big deal, you only have to do it once! :tired:
    They send you a huge catalogue free of charge which has nice reference in it. Worth the time taken to register IMO.
    Al.

Albert E.

I didn't think it was a big deal, you only have to do it once! :tired:
    They send you a huge catalogue free of charge which has nice reference in it. Worth the time taken to register IMO.
    Al.
    I hope this place is worth it because after five step registration, plain text password in my email (can you trust someone with your CC when they do that?), and having to install the latest version of flash for... well who knows what,

I was finally able to get to the point where you have to figure out on your own how they want you to enter in part numbers in order to figure out the price.

I dunno, I'm just saying, a lot of these businesses don't make it easy to buy their products, and it's a concept I find difficult to understand. But at least I can view prices upfront without having to go down the RFQ route. That's a good thing.

I just got scammed $28 from an Ebay supplier based in China for L type timing pulleys.

Always check Ebay feedback, any negative stuff and chances are you'll get burnt.
    Wisdom results from foolishness!

You can order timing pulleys, timing belts, roller chain sprockets, bar stock, flanges, and bushings from B&B Manufacturing from our online catalog at www.bbman.com.

Re: Timing belts and pulleys suppliers that I can order online from?

look up AccuGroup. They are in England and have fantastic customer service and great prices. I bought T5 timing belts(80 teeth), 16 tooth and 48 tooth pulleys and it was all great.

Quote Originally Posted by tkms002 View Post
    look up AccuGroup. .
    Legacy thread!!

Also the OP is in Canada.
    Al

Albert E.

Legacy thread!!

Also the OP is in Canada.
    Al
    I know it is an old thread but I thought it was good info for all.
    I am in the States and I ordered from them and was very pleased so I just thought I would put it out there.

I still use bbman.com, who posted above.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)