585,685 active members*
4,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Share Pictures of your Computer and Controller Mounting

I'm getting ready to start a new build and I would like to get some ideas on mounting my Dragon cut controller and mounting my computer system.

Not sure if I want it mounted to the table, on a cart or a swing out arm. I would like to see pictures from what some other people have done and get some ideas.

Thanks for sharing.

Brian

Here is what I came up with. My machine is just a small 2x2 set up. I wanted everything on 1 cart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plasma.jpg  

Here's my control table:

And here is my mig/plasma cart:

I like the idea of have an integrated toolbox. It would keep me from running back and forth and keep all of my essential equipment for the plasma in one place. Nice! Thanks for the pictures.

Here's my control computer, mounted in a HF toobox. My controller is mounted under the far side of my table, with a fabricated aluminum enclosure to keep any water from reaching it.

After I saw the other tool box mount setup I got the Harbor Freight Sales add and saw that tool box cart for $99. I think that is the direction I'm going to head. I even had the same idea for the monitor. Looks great. Nice job.
    Desert Fabworks LLC -Fort Mohave, Arizona
    www.desertfabworks.com - Project Sites: www.cncplasmabuild.com - www.cncrouterbuild.com

I took a little from everything that I saw out there and this is what I came up with.

I really liked the tool box idea, but I have space issues in my shop and need the entire cart to slide under the table when not in use.

I really liked the flip up lid with the monitor. I built my with gas struts to lift the lid with the monitor and included a slide out tray for the keyboard. I wish I could have added one more slide out drawer for "Stuff" but I did not have enough room.

I inset the bottom wheels to save on height and built a mounting bar on the left side for the Dragon Cut box. I only plan on having a back and top panel sheet metal covers. The sides and the front I'm leaving open to allow the heat to escape since summer temps in the shop are 110. I plan on having a cover to drop over the cart when not in use to keep shop dust out.

Everything is out to powder coat right now so I will add some pictures when I get it back.

Thanks for all the ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1563.jpg   IMG_1564_renamed_21881.jpg   IMG_1566.jpg   IMG_1562.jpg  

IMG_1572.jpg   IMG_1573.jpg  
    Desert Fabworks LLC -Fort Mohave, Arizona
    www.desertfabworks.com - Project Sites: www.cncplasmabuild.com - www.cncrouterbuild.com