584,830 active members*
5,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi Seiki Multi HT20SII RS232 issue

I have a 1991 HT20SII with the Yasnac LX3 seikos multi control
    It had been receiving NC programs via RS232 port but yesterday it will only send the program and no longer receives. I tested the cable and computer by sending to another machine and it is working fine, I can receive a program from the machine but it just blinks receiving data never ending or giving an error? what can I do from here? located in AZ Thanks

Have you double checked to make sure the settings on the machine side have not accidentally changed? Also take a look at the RS232 port on the machine itself. The socket/female pins on the port are easily pushed out of the back of the plug, and it seems to me you are only missing the Ready to Receive or RX signal.

seiki RS232

Yes, I removed the machine's socket from the panel and checked with a meter that there was contact from cable plug to back side of each pin.

The machine settings appear to be correct I tried different settings to see if things changed but no change. The fact I can receive makes me believe the settings are correct (same for both input output).

I don’t know where the communication cable interfaces with the main board inside the cabinet if I knew I would check there but to many plugs and cables routed through the same area to guess.

Thanks

As far as I can remember, the RS232 port connects to the motherboard in the control rack - JANCD-MB22 @ CN6. Might want to test that cable for continuity. I have attached a diagram of the connection. Let me know how it turns out,

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS232_LX3.png  

Yasnac LX3 Siecos Rs232 issue

Thanks John for your response.
    Over this weekend I found the PDF for the LX3 Which has the same image you sent (thanks). This morning I fixed or found a way around the issue. I repined CN6 Honda connector to use port #2 instead of port #1 then changed parameters #6003 (for port 2) then changed parameters #6027,#6029 for my baud rate and it works!! I am using the same cable, connector etc. the problem is in the actual mother board I believe. Just thrilled to be back up and running.

Re: Yasnac LX3 Siecos Rs232 issue

I have similar problems my friend. Please give me any help!!