584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > default depths not changing

default depths not changing

i am wondering why that I always have to manually enter the depth that i am drilling/milling/tapping/facing- everything when entering the parameters of these tools even though i have the depth of these surfaces correct on my model. why does it not know that when i select the geometry of a hole that is 1" deep that it is supposed to machine to that depth? (no matter where i select the geometry) it ALWAYS defaults to .5" deep. this is one of many many similiar problems i keep running in to ( clearance plane always defaults to .1 no matter hat i change it to in the settings etc etc)

just seems that i am not really saving much time when i have to enter everything 2-3-4 times

Depth in V24 is defined by the user individually. This has changed in V25 in that when selecting hole geometry, it will be defined by the location of the machine setup to the bottom of the hole.

Thanks- I was afraid Someone was going to say something like that... of course they don't want to spend the money here since we just got v24 less than a year ago but what you are saying is even in V25, if you have a 3D model and select a hole that is 1" deep, you still have to enter the depth at a later time?

No. In V25 we have something that is called machine setups, which are the origin of the part. You can select the bottom of the hole or pocket and it will pick up depth from the point where the machine setup is configured.