585,599 active members*
3,631 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Low pressure in transmission line alarm and miss-information in manual.

Low pressure in transmission line alarm and miss-information in manual.

We have a VF6 gear head for some reason the machine will run for about 4 hours then alarm with a message low pressure in transmission line. I removed the covers from the spindle head noticed there was s a large air bubble in the transmission line was going to top off the oil and purge the air but I’m a bit confused to what oil to use. The manual says to use two different types of oil. The cover on top of the spindle head near the filler neck says to use DTE 25 oil, the manual lubrication chart mentions DTE 25 oil and the manual transmission filling procedure says to use Vectra #2 oil. What oil do I use? I was going to splice in a pressure gage monitor the oil pressure under no alarm conditions and with alarm conditions what should the normal transmission oil line pressure be?

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post
    We have a VF6 gear head for some reason the machine will run for about 4 hours then alarm with a message low pressure in transmission line. I removed the covers from the spindle head noticed there was s a large air bubble in the transmission line was going to top off the oil and purge the air but I’m a bit confused to what oil to use. The manual says to use two different types of oil. The cover on top of the spindle head near the filler neck says to use DTE 25 oil, the manual lubrication chart mentions DTE 25 oil and the manual transmission filling procedure says to use Vectra #2 oil. What oil do I use? I was going to splice in a pressure gage monitor the oil pressure under no alarm conditions and with alarm conditions what should the normal transmission oil line pressure be?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Yeah, sounds like an error. The transmission should have the DTE 25 I believe, which is a transmission/hydraulic fluid.. The Vactra #2 is a waylube.

One of the tech's will chime in and verify but they are two very different lubes and I don't think you want waylube in the tranny.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post

Thanks,
    Eric
    Do NOT use Vactra#2, that is for the way lube system only. DTE 25 is the correct oil for the gearbox. As a side note, the newest machines will spec a synthetic oil in place of the DTE 25; SCH 625 I believe.