584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Q.s

Hermle c30 Heidenhain iTNC530 I use this machine as a Jig grinder I'm trying to grind a rectangular slot I'm trying to convert a ID circle program so on this try i added a x and y move I modified the program and trying to get the sub to work and it dose not like my radius we have know one that has ever done Q verifiable's any way any help woud be appreciated So we need a user changeable start dia and a end dia with approx .004 stock at a time i can change thing up if i had a timplate say 2.750 long 2.05 wide with for this time full rad on the ends 1.025 start on C/L and ramp in go counter clockwise dropping .125 max per rev 1.100 total depth 1.0 depth of part 1.200 wheal 1.05 wide

thanks

Raun

q help

having trouble with the placement of the CC , and or CR ,I need to keep moving it as i get bigger, my flat on the long side 2.673 is aprox .488 so my CC moves .244 ea way then i was trying to just make a rad DR+ full Rad 1.098 R but i lost the number in a q some were and my radius is .244 short ? if i add this it wont work, so I now think I need to break it up to quadrants and feed to CL of short side 2.196 then on around like (my old shuzka knee mill with a bandit control) haven't had time to work It, I had to run production for a few days to get caught up with the past due

Thanks for looking

Raun

If you want to grind a rectangular slot, I would try to use a rectangular milling cycle only in the finishing type.