584,849 active members*
4,580 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Programming on a Yasnac i80m

Here at work and displeased with mastercams 2000 lines of code for a profile, I decided to whip up a macro (which is about 990% shorter) to do the job

Worked out all the math, all the equations, checked with the yasnac macro specs, made the program, loaded it into the machine, tried to run and I get alarm 0103 illegal character

I cannot seem to use any of the #[]+* keys in a program without throwing this alarm. I cant even set a variable from mdi because it throws the alarm..

I cannot figure out a way and sifting through my manuals has provided no insight other than the paramter values for EIA/ISO the chars apply to.. all were set to 0 from pm4100 and on (corresponding to the chars) so I tried changing them to 1 with no dice.

For now I went through the process of calculating each point, thankfully I only had 20 points for 40 calculations, and thanks to new age calculators I didnt have to input the equation each time just modify the vars.. but still I was quite excited to put a macro to work :/

Any ideas guys?

Quote Originally Posted by SirDenisNayland View Post
    Here at work and displeased with mastercams 2000 lines of code for a profile, I decided to whip up a macro (which is about 990% shorter) to do the job

Worked out all the math, all the equations, checked with the yasnac macro specs, made the program, loaded it into the machine, tried to run and I get alarm 0103 illegal character

I cannot seem to use any of the #[]+* keys in a program without throwing this alarm. I cant even set a variable from mdi because it throws the alarm..

I cannot figure out a way and sifting through my manuals has provided no insight other than the paramter values for EIA/ISO the chars apply to.. all were set to 0 from pm4100 and on (corresponding to the chars) so I tried changing them to 1 with no dice.

For now I went through the process of calculating each point, thankfully I only had 20 points for 40 calculations, and thanks to new age calculators I didnt have to input the equation each time just modify the vars.. but still I was quite excited to put a macro to work :/

Any ideas guys?
    The error you have is typical of a control that doesn't have the User MAcro Option. Are you able to display a Macro Variable Page?

Regards,

Bill

I did look for a variables page but was unable to locate one, or how to get to it in the manuals.

That was one of my fears. I guess its not a huge deal but it does suck to know the machine lacks that ability.

I know there are four different option packages which unlock greater numbers of vars respectively, but I had assumed it would come with at least the most basic.

I'll have to look into the options but thanks for pretty much confirming my fears lol.