584,841 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Interact 720

Hi there bridgeport people , I got over my parameters problem phoned Heidenhain and they where fantastic and helpfull , god they know there stuff . So now Ive been told I have a PLC problem , the tool changer thinks its down and can go forward and change the tool , shame is it hasent moved and tries to push itself the the headstock ! And clues ? Hope so thank you Harry please contact me on [email protected]

Has it homed? Where is home? Do a M25 and see what happens. It should go up to home which is the tool change position. Believe there is a parameter for this position.
    In theory it should do a M25 before trying to change a tool.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Bridgeport 720 Interact

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Has it homed? Where is home? Do a M25 and see what happens. It should go up to home which is the tool change position. Believe there is a parameter for this position.
    In theory it should do a M25 before trying to change a tool.

George
    If home is the tool changer in its highest position , then yes . then when you give it M25 the milling head spins to tool change position , then a pause , then it tries to go forwards , but cant because the spindle head casing is in the way .What its failing to notice is that it has not moved down ,and then can go forward to change the tool .Hope this is informative enough , thank you again George ,Harry

Lets get some basics straight. The 716 had a tool changer that had a air cylinder that raised and lowered the entire tool changer. The 720 and newer the tool changer went forward and the head went up to clear the tool holder. if I am correct in this, lets go on.
    Where does the head home? It should go way past the tool changer in the Z+ direction.
    When a tool change is commanded the control looks at a parameter for tool change height and goes there. This is a distance from home thus home must be in the correct place or the tool change height parameter must be adjusted so the height of the tool in the spindle aligns with the tool fingers. Just how far off are you?
    Maybe you are not done with the parameters. There are parameters that are generic for the machine series. Then there are parameters that are machine specific. This include backlash, pitch error compensation, spindle speeds, tool change height, orient position, etc.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

interact 720 parameters?

HI, I have an interact 720x and the machine was unhooked and batteries dead for a while, so it lost all its parameters. I saw you had a parameters problem that was resolved. do you happen to have a parameters list you could scan and email me?

Yes no problem will do on Monday if thats ok all the best and keep those batteries full !! Al the best Harry

Bridgeport Parameters

Hi there here are the parameters , hope this helps all the best Attachment 181318Attachment 181320Harry if theres a problem with the upload please send me your E mail address private as there seems to be a problem with the upload ok [email protected]