585,679 active members*
5,164 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Edge Lit LED acrylic

Hello All,

I'm new here.. Just signed up and have been lurking, and asking some questions via PM because I plan on importing a laser VERY soon.

I have many questions regarding various engraving and cutting topics, which i will probably ask over the upcoming weeks if i can't search them out on my own (One being Where can i find the STEP BY STEP instructions for the "Gold Method"? I have found other peoples versions, repeating it... but not the original posting.)

Anyway, I am very interested in these edge lit acrylic signs and plaques that people make, and was wondering if anyone had some us based suppliers or resellers of the bases or clip on side units?

I've seen the modules, and controls to add remote and other features, but would like a supplier of premade units, if anyone knows of any.

Thanks.

Thanks Jeffery , I always have a mission when searching for it , stuck it in my favourites....
    Just as an aside , the method works VERY well with stuff other than photographs , like if you have a Corel file with fades and hairlines and hidden objects etc , it can be a total nightmare to engrave , using the Gold method on stock vector artwork often solves all these issues.
    Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za

LED Edge Lit Signs

Hi,

Here is the vendor I use for LED Edge Lit Signage.

Welcome To The Lumenedge Store! Just Clip On The Lumenedge Edge Lighting Effect Strip To Get An Incredible Edge Glow! (Powered by CubeCart)

Good people to deal with good pricing.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by HelicopterJohn View Post
    Hi,

Here is the vendor I use for LED Edge Lit Signage.

Welcome To The Lumenedge Store! Just Clip On The Lumenedge Edge Lighting Effect Strip To Get An Incredible Edge Glow! (Powered by CubeCart)

Good people to deal with good pricing.

John
    Thanks for the link, but the pricing seems a bit high. I can get the Remote, with the controller for $4 shipped on ebay. 5 Meters of the 5050 RGB led tape for $10-12(Enough to make 16 feet), and the power supplies for $6-$7. So for them to charge over $50 for one sign edge, it just doesn't seem feasable for it. I appreciate the reply though. It seems like you could do better just finding the machined bases and doing the leds yourself.

They make a nice inline controller that can be had for $4 so you won't seed a remote unit. it has 3 buttons, and can basically replicate the remote with the right button pushes. So for that, the powersupply, and the bit of LED tape, the lighting could be had for less than $10 (Multicolored, controllable)... then you'd just need the stand to put them in.

Also thanks for the GOLD METHOD links... I downloaded all the scripts, but didn't get a chance to mess with them yet.

Thanks everyone.

And if there are any suppliers for the machined bases, please let me know.