584,857 active members*
4,728 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 ChargePump vs E-Stop

Hi Everyone,

I've go a G540 and have it configured for the charge pump and the E-stop under ports and pins.

The problem is that the charge pump is only produced when out of E-Stop and the E-Stop is produced when the charge pump isn't running. Classic chicken and the egg situation.

If I disable the E-Stop input, then I can take it in and out of reset and the fault light goes out (when the charge pump is running).

Any ideas how to fix/configure this?

I saw there was an option to keep the charge pump running all the time, but I'd prefer it not run when it reset if possible...

Thanks,

Alan

Did you ever figure this out?

Hi,

Yes - there is an option in the Mach3 General Configuration called "ChargePump On in EStop" that needs to be enabled.

It would have been better if Mach3 would turn off E-Stop, wait a small time such as 50ms, and THEN enabled detection of the fault condition. This wouldn't require the option above to be set and would have been the right way to do it... I contacted the Mach3 guys about this but they didn't have any interested in improving it.

Good luck,

Alan

IMO The best scenario is to monitor the charge pump constantly and implement it into the E-stop string, this way the health of the PC is always monitored?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    IMO The best scenario is to monitor the charge pump constantly and implement it into the E-stop string, this way the health of the PC is always monitored?
    Al.
    I agree and this is the way the G540 works with charge pump enabled - it wll go into E-Stop anytime the charge pump is not present. The problem is that Mach3 without that option turned out, will not produce the charge pump and therefore can't ever get out of E-Stop. If Mach3 would produce the charge pump for 50ms, then check the E-Stop, it would allow this to work properly.

Good luck,

Alan