584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > New Hermes vanguard 3000

New Hermes vanguard 3000

Hello,

I'm Laura and I'm looking for some help or advice from anyone more vanguard experienced than I.

Ie just inherited the following, a. Vanguard 3000 and it's original controller, a newer EP Control Module, and the majority of a really old computer. I'm assuming the pc was meant to manage the EP control module. However the pc is missing a hard drive, and I have no clue how to connect the pc to the EP control module.

SO. I've connected the engraver to its original cartridge based controller brain, and a RCA input only monitor, fired it up, and it booted the v-3000 program. Having previously downloaded and read all the manuals for the engraver, operating program, and the EP controll module I should be able to navigate through the three main menus: job, composition, and engraving by using the arrow keys and the edit param buttons. But that's not the case. It is not consistent in its responses to the buttons pressed.

I hope I'm not stuck, but any words of wisdom about where or how to proceed from here would be awesome.

Thanks,
    Laura M.

Don't know about the old controller. Our EP needs windows 98 or OLDER, the hasp (dongle) and the gravograph software. There were a couple programs i've found over the years that eliminate the gravograph software and will act like a standard printer for more modern programs such as word, Adobe etc.