585,959 active members*
4,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Setting program zero cadet LNC-8 OSP5020L

Setting program zero cadet LNC-8 OSP5020L

I'm trying to program and setup for the first time in my life. I'm working with a recently purchased okuma cadet with OSP5020L control. I dont have any manuals yet. I'm trying to set my program zero. I have my facing tool set, however I cant set the z value to zero. any suggestions? thanks

All okumas use centerline of spindle indicated to centerline of a boring bar holder for x zero. For z you use one master tool, let's say tool 1 80deg turning tool. Set z offset on that tool to 0. Bring the slide forward, and touch your part with that tool. Then go to zero set function, and press cal button for z cal0 write. The rest of the tools offsets will be the difference in length to that master tool. You can then touch off each tool on the face of the part, and cal 0 for z on each tool in the offset page. From that point if you don't remove tooling, it's still set and you won't have to touch off for the next jobs. X is simply manually cut, move off in z without changing x, measure the cut and press cal (that dimension) then write.

When I go to my zero offset page, do I change my zero offset or my shift offset? I tried changing my shift offset and it erases once i leave my zero offset page.

Don't use shift offset. That's for a g50 shift.

I was able to figure out my x and z offsets. But not when I try to create a new program I'm only being alowed to enter the first 16 lines of code. what gives?

Are you getting any memory errors?

Sounds like he is on the MDI input screen. Not program edit.

still not sure why i could only program 16 lines when creating a new program in edit aux but I was able to edit it then add the remaining lines. thanks guys!

Zero shift is used for temporarily needs. Valid till progam end, reset etc.
    Pay attention to memory use. Learn to place your part programs outside OSP. Serial interface (RS232) is the best for that.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonzp View Post
    I'm trying to program and setup for the first time in my life. I'm working with a recently purchased okuma cadet with OSP5020L control. I dont have any manuals yet. I'm trying to set my program zero. I have my facing tool set, however I cant set the z value to zero. any suggestions? thanks
    If you want to set your axis to "0", use G92Z0.0