I run a cnc workshop in the UK and I also do all the programming for our 7 cnc milling machines. The problem I`m having is ensuring that the guys on the 2 shifts backup the programmes and setting infomation that I provide them with including setting pictures and final product picture.

They are getting all the files mixed up, saving them to wrong areas, saving them in their own way. Basically its driving me up the bloody wall when we need to do the job again and half the files are missing the next guy doing the job cant understand his infomation.

Is there any programmes out there where you can input the information and recall it later which once its in system it cant be edited without a admin password.

At the last company I worked at they had a programme where it asks for the infomation and you put it in along with photos setting sheets and it securely stores it and it cant be edited without a pass key but the company had it put together by a company who wrote programmes which costs alot of money. Surely there must be a on the shelf programme out there for companies to buy and use considering how popular cnc machies are now days.