585,705 active members*
3,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Going for the Gold - Maho MH600E Conversion to Mach

Going for the Gold - Maho MH600E Conversion to Mach

Hello Everyone,

I have decided, after much deliberation, to convert my busted-assed MH600E from the original Maho control to run under Mach3. I suspect that while this is easy to proclaim, in fact it will likely take the kind of effort needed to win gold at the olympics... hence the title.

The previous owner had done some tinkering and without the proper schematics, repairing it seems impossible. I am going to try to salvage everything possible, as I think the Indramat motors and drives are still in good shape.

I plan to start removing the old Maho electronics this weekend and once that's done, I will prepare it for the new interface. The Kanalog system from Dynomotion looks like a good candidate to connect the Indramat 3TRM2, Loher spindle motor, hydraulics, etc. to a modern era computer. Does anyone have any experience with the Kanalog... good or bad?

Thank you,
    David.

eep.

sounds fun. my amchine will be running in the next 2-3 days. im hoping its all running fine as claimed so i dont have to entertain a conversion. there is alot more stuff in mine than the universal mills.

ill be watching this one though

something id been thinking though it attempting to just emulate the philips control functions on something like an arduino. memory wise and processing power, the arduino is more powerful than the philips, and its got an easy interface to a pc, sd cards, etc. basically would just need to figure out all the outputs, inputs and then clone the software by reading the memory chips.

strikes me as a better solution than trying to interface mach3 to all the features.

edit: arduino is 8 bit, intel 8088 is 16 bit. for some reason i was thinkling the intel was 8 bit (it has 8 bit memory addressing).