586,005 active members*
5,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > Issues in RhinoCam 2012.

Issues in RhinoCam 2012.

I have upgraded to rhino 2012
    I have used rhinocam 2.0 standard for many years.

I have upgraded to rhinocam 2012 standard, and also upgraded my PC to get more calculation power so I have started using more 3 axis machining.

It seems to me so that I constantly run into problems (errors).

3 axis roughting: Clear flats. Not all flats are found.
    3 axis horisontal finishing: Clear flats find all flats i hole part. (known issue). But optimize machining between levels not alwas clear all flats in region.
    3 axis horisontal finishing: Sometimes the path machine a area in lower z level first, that causes damage on part and machine.

The problem is for me that I can't trust that all geometri is correct machined. I use a lot of time with the simulation, and control of what levels are machined first.

I also find a problem with the new tabs feature. Sometimes the tabs are missing, and sometimes they are very wide.

I can't fint the multiply core manager in the program. One of the reasons why I opgraded.

Are there others with same problems?

[QUOTE=Jens H;1150573]I have upgraded to rhino 2012
    I have used rhinocam 2.0 standard for many years.

I have upgraded to rhinocam 2012 standard, and also upgraded my PC to get more calculation power so I have started using more 3 axis machining.

It seems to me so that I constantly run into problems (errors).

3 axis roughting: Clear flats. Not all flats are found.
    3 axis horisontal finishing: Clear flats find all flats i hole part. (known issue).

[Have you looked at the "flat areas selection filter? It narrows the definition of what a flat area can be. I've found that it helps to define any flats beforehand, using the "choose flat area region" function in the machining regions dialogue. Holes too can be pre-defined using the "choose boundary region" function.]

But optimize machining between levels not alwas clear all flats in region.
    3 axis horisontal finishing: Sometimes the path machine a area in lower z level first, that causes damage on part and machine.

[There's a "level first" checkbox that you can click instead of "depth first"]

The problem is for me that I can't trust that all geometri is correct machined. I use a lot of time with the simulation, and control of what levels are machined first.

I also find a problem with the new tabs feature. Sometimes the tabs are missing, and sometimes they are very wide.

[What do you mean by "tabs"? Are you talking about bridges?]

I can't fint the multiply core manager in the program. One of the reasons why I opgraded.

[Sorry, what's that? Do you mean multi-threading? Have you tried contacting Mecsoft support about these issues? They're really very good at helping people who are having difficulties using the program. ]

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software