585,759 active members*
3,910 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: #9 spindle fault

Well it was short lived. Same issue again. There are a few other things i suspect causing the problem i dont believe the machine is setup correct. This is a used machine we took in a few months ago and the build sheet behind the pendent door says its a 10,000 hi/low system however whenever we ran it above 7500 we would get issues where it wouldnt stop the spindle and fault out. We also have a double pulley system and wye delta relays in the rear cabinet with rigid tapping. It seems someone may have changed things over time or the factory sheet is incorrect. i noticed i bumped the spindle overide pot beyond 100% which explains why things started acting up. anyways i should probably look to another post related to these other issues since i suspect it needs to be alleviated before proceeding further.

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    Well it was short lived. Same issue again. There are a few other things i suspect causing the problem i dont believe the machine is setup correct. This is a used machine we took in a few months ago and the build sheet behind the pendent door says its a 10,000 hi/low system however whenever we ran it above 7500 we would get issues where it wouldnt stop the spindle and fault out. We also have a double pulley system and wye delta relays in the rear cabinet with rigid tapping. It seems someone may have changed things over time or the factory sheet is incorrect. i noticed i bumped the spindle overide pot beyond 100% which explains why things started acting up. anyways i should probably look to another post related to these other issues since i suspect it needs to be alleviated before proceeding further.
    I have the s same problem but get #10 Spindle overload.
    Spindle runs for about 20min before it either stops mid cut or won't restart. Runs from keypad flawlessly. I have verified I am getting a good signal from pin 9 and 10 (enable and reverse) but under cnc control it plays up but only when commanding an m3. M4 works flawlessly under cnc command.
    Basically it would seem my investor has an issues with the remote section of the drive.
    Looks like a new investor for me but might get this one repaired if I can.
    I have 2 machines so a spare would be handy to have in stock.

Mine will do the error #10 every once in awhile. The inverter works fine from the manual keypad.
    I usually pull the coax cable out of the spindle axis cad and reseat it and the problem goes away for a long time.
    All the bullet connectors on this machine are fairly loose fitting. I've tried to snug the fit up some and it seemed to help.

BTW, Mine had a Freqol from the factory but had the Baldor when I got it. It's the 10k 20hp.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Deano7/11 View Post
    I have the s same problem but get #10 Spindle overload.
    Spindle runs for about 20min before it either stops mid cut or won't restart. Runs from keypad flawlessly. I have verified I am getting a good signal from pin 9 and 10 (enable and reverse) but under cnc control it plays up but only when commanding an m3. M4 works flawlessly under cnc command.
    Basically it would seem my investor has an issues with the remote section of the drive.
    Looks like a new investor for me but might get this one repaired if I can.
    I have 2 machines so a spare would be handy to have in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    It seems someone may have changed things over time or the factory sheet is incorrect.
    ..this might help ya...then double check SETP for the type Baldor drive you have installed.
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/T..._Inverters.pdf

Page 2 of 2 12