584,829 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BP VMC Backup

Hello,

When I got my used BP VMC 1000/22, I never had any disks that came with it and its about time that I want to make sure I have a backup of the settings that are required by my machine. It has a Bridgeport CIB. How can I extract a backup of all the parameters and settings to backup in case something goes awry.

Thanks,
    shaffin.

In the maintenance page go to more commands. See if there is a utility there called makedisk. It was a small batch file that was intended to make a back up disk.
    For a complete back up you need a set of DOS disks. I also carry a DOS boot disk that allows me FDISK and FORMAT a hard drive.
    The most important file is the BMDCPRMS.sys which are the machine parameters. Another file to look for is LEADCOMP.DAT but not all machines had that one.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George.

After I back up the files, my intention is to be able to upgrade the software to Win98 in order to allow network connectivity - not sure yet if the Bridgeport CIB will take a network card though.

Any thoughts on how to get this puppy upgraded? If there is a reference somewhere on the internet on someone who has done it that would be great.

Whats the latest version of the Brigeport software on these machines?

Thanks,
    Shaffin.