585,978 active members*
4,438 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Help - Robocut A-1b power issue

Need Help - Robocut A-1b power issue

The other day when cleaning a long neglected float in the work tank, the wires to the float broke, and when attempting to solder the wires back together and an idiot with his head waaaaay up his ass (me) used the top edge of the work tank as a platform to solder the wires, which of course cause a small spark and the machine turned off.. I thought I tripped a breaker or something similar so I left the machine off and finished fixing and cleaning the area..

The next day I went to start the machine and the operator's panel "ON" button did nothing.. I turned the main power off and back on, still nothing.. I've checked all the fuses listed in the maintenance manual and they are all good..

Could someone PLEASE give me another area to check, or idea of something that could be done..

Thanks!

Re: Need Help - Robocut A-1b power issue

Does the white lamp beneeth the on/ off buttons light?
    Does the accu loading lamp on NC unit light? (In the electric cabinet on the right from the monitor, or left from the main switch)

Nope.. the operator panel has zero power at all.. In fact it just dawned on me to see what I could find about if the operator panel has no power... The magnetic switches on the magnet board aren't engaging.. Power going into them but not out.. If I manually push the button on the magnetic switch at ML1 it will start firing up but otherwise nothing :-(

So U probably have no 24v. There is separate supply for that near the nc unit. It probably has it's own fuse. But spark might have damadged it (overvoltage) anyway. U can try to fix it but It is just simple 24v supply, not very powerfull so U can replace it with new one.

Thank you Steryd, I'll check it out and if thats it I'll let you (and the forum) know.

It turns out I had missed a fuse on the main power supply.. 5a fuse I had to order from back east.. If you hadn't mentioned the 24v thing Steryd I probably wouldn't have double checked the fuses for a few more days (would have searched and searched for other things to check before assuming I missed something and start from scratch)..

Thank you again!

(Now I'm trying to figure out where the batteries are that are giving me a "battery2" alarm.. I REALLY need to buy the manuals.. such crap Fanuc doesn't offer digital versions for these 26+ year old machines)

I have manuals. But there is not much about bateries.
    Basic batery pack is on the cabinet door ( 4 R20 bateries) and there is a small rechargable batery on the NC power unit behind the small cover. I can make a picture if U won't find it.

Ok So I had a while to make a pictures.

When U open the cabinet on the left side from the main switch (right from the LCD) U will see more less in the middle right part pack of NC controllers.

Accu for the Encoders memory is on PSU here:

U need to push it's upper and button wall to open and there is a BR-C 3v battery

and If U check the inside of left half of the door u will see main memory battery pack (4x R20)

All batteries need to be replaced while machine is on.

PS.: No idea why middle picture is rotated

Awsome! Pics helped a bunch.. I found the one on the PSU but didn't realize the black box on the door was also batters... Thanks! If you're in Arizona US I'll buy ya some beer or the recently legalized weed if you'd rather..