584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport EZ trak I, 3 axis. Readout won't read spindle is on

Bridgeport EZ trak I, 3 axis. Readout won't read spindle is on

When I turn the spindle on, and push start on my readout to begin the program. That's when I get an alarm. The readout says, spindle not on. But I see that it is on and spinning.
    How can I trouble solve this problem?
    I have turned the machine off and turn back on. That alarm is gone but I have a new alarm. Axis Drive Fault. So I can't home the machine. It is a 3 axis machine.
    The spindle was the problem in the beginning, so I will need to fix that problem. How do I go about solving that issue?

Re: Bridgeport EZ trak I, 3 axis. Readout won't read spindle is on

There are several relays together in the center of the cabinet. One is for forward, the other is for reverse. The computer will probably detect the spindle if you select high or low speed. It is an expensive relay so you could probably just add another low cost relay to the circuit and not run it through the main relay. One of my mills fails every now and then in the high position. I just shut it down and take the eraser end of a pencil and manually close the relay rapidly. It will usually work for several months after that.

All that portion of the relay does is send info to the computer that the spindle is on. You will see the relays labeled MF and MR.The relay is about $400 but one of these days, I will attempt cleaning the contacts.