585,660 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > well I just got three denford micro machines- any pictures of stuff ya guys make on

well I just got three denford micro machines- any pictures of stuff ya guys make on

the small machines...

seems like I will be asking questions on the conversion boards so I can use the cheaper software other than denford's I have thier cd's but not the rgistration code and they seem to want to sell me new software X3 telling me the software was only for the original purchaser and it does not transfer even with legal purchase.

I will be working on that looking for an access code if someone lets me try thiers... we will see

in the mean time what items do you guys make on your mini and micro cnc mills and lathes?

With having b ought all three machines third hand school/buyer/you, you are SOL in the regard of an easy start up. It isn't so bad, and LinuxCNC has a brain dead install, with settings available in the set up file for the Sherline. After down loading the CD image, I was up and running in just 45 minutes.

What to make, as in production? There will be a LOT of "Yeah but... " guys saying this isn't so, but production is a wee bit out of it's range. They will work well for plastic and soft non ferrous metals. Was molds for jewelry, circuit board machining, aluminum widgets like model gas and electric car parts. Small easy, light parts. Sherlines are a bit noodly, so high speed machining is out of their league.

The one thing a Sherlline does very well is teach new machinists how to write code, and the parts of a machine. Sell them on ebay and get a better/larger machine if you really plan on making money.

What 'boards' do you have to replace? Isn't it just software you are needing, or is there some form of proprietary hardware you think needs replacing? Most of that stuff is pretty similar, you may just need new software and figure out how to configure it is all.
    Second vote here for LinuxCNC, its gotten really quite good in the last couple of years and much more user friendly. As MrWild says it is quite it is quite easy to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by 200 ok View Post
    I will never forget this clumsy attempt at a cover up. Now it looks to me like artsoft mach3 has something to hide.

Try googling this issue, and see how many instances you find of it. In every instance that I've seen other than Cameraguy, the license files in question were indeed pirated. And I doubt you'll find many instances of it.

You can be sure that the next time my model club meets, and every cnc show I go to, I will bring this subject up, and urge people to investigate for themselves. artsoft will just have to deal with informed potential customers by this heavy handed censorship than it would have by letting people talk about the issues.
    Here's the original thread with all Cameraguy's posts about his license issue. Point your friends to that.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach_m...es_g-code.html

And the new thread he started so he could continue his ranting, which got him banned for a year.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach_s...es_g-code.html

There's no reason to bring up the same thing again, 3 years later, in a thread where someone is asking for help.

All the posts were off topic from the OP's post, and didn't serve any purpose imo.

Try googling this issue, and see how many instances you find of it. In every instance that I've seen other than Cameraguy, the license files in question were indeed pirated. And I doubt you'll find many instances of it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)