585,749 active members*
3,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > COMING SOON: Australian CNC router kits

COMING SOON: Australian CNC router kits

Hi Everybody

I thought I might introduce our business... we have 5 series of CNC router kits coming to the market very soon. We will have the following models:

4x4 with a working area of 1300x1300mm

4x3 with a working area of 1300x100mm

4x2 with a working area of 1300x700mm

3x3 with a working area of 1000x1000mm

3x2 with a working area of 1000x700mm

All parts are sourced locally here in Australia. We have taken advantage of the metric extrusion and precision linear rails. I also have plans available for our machines. The plans will have details and cad files on how to build all 5 of the machines, nema 23 & 34 gearbox's, gantry risers and a z axis. You will have access to our private forum where you also have access to these files.

If you have any questions you can post here or contact us through the contact form on the website

Thanks
    Chris

Squarefoot CNC - prices coming soon, just finishing up some minor details. Be sure to check regularly as we will be uploading a build log for a 4x4 soon!

For got to add an image

MACHINE Plans are now FREE, they can be found in our forum, link is on the bottom of our website, if you have any questions feel free to ask in our forum

well done you
    will be watching this to see how it unfolds

Thank you , the plans have been updated and should all be correct, they show a bolted gantry support now as another option, the welded gantry is still an option for those skilled in the art, the plans are on the website, feedback is more than welcome and would be much appreciated.
    Chris

Joes and Blackfoot Hybrid?

Hi
    In what way? , the joes has big MDF gantry sides, and I believe the black foot is all MDF where as ours is all steel/aluminium, the others use v bearings on ground angle iron where as ours uses precision linear motion rails.
    Cheers
    Chris

I'm with you on this one Chris, has there really been a NEW or innovative cnc design in the last 5-10 years? The only different thing I've seen in years is the different cosmetic or aesthetic approaches. Such as yours or Grunblau's.

There's only so many ways you can move a gantry forward and back after all!

Great looking machine by the way. Nice simple design.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by Squarefootcnc View Post
    Squarefoot CNC - prices coming soon, just finishing up some minor details. Be sure to check regularly as we will be uploading a build log for a 4x4 soon!
    Heya Squarefootcnc,

tried going to your webpage and there was nothing there. Do you have an updated link??

Regards

Hmm,webpage, forum and posted links don't work.

Looked interesting, anyone get the updated free plans that they can forward?

I recently PM'd Chris in relation to an update to his kits.
    He is experiencing problems with the Supply of components so he decided to pull the kits until he establishes some reliability with supply of components.
    Theo

Seems a little extreme to pull all your web content because of a supply problem.
    Regards
    Geoff

Hi guys
    As has been mentioned here, I have been experiencing supply issues that did effect the performance of the machines, sometimes to the point of it locking up the linear rails. I realise it was prolly a little extreme pulling everything from the website but I have made major changes to the design and will be uploading pictures soon, the aluminium extrusion gantry has been done away with and replaced with a new beefed up design that makes the linear rails fool proof to setup . The forum was pulled down because of the amount of spam and maintenance required to keep it up and running, I will ask here if they can put up a dedicated Squarefoot cnc section and I will host the files on the website soon. All the info on the site is not deleted but just turned off as it has to be updated and I don't like having incorrect information.
    Thanks
    Chris
    PS feel free to emil me or post a question here Nd I will respond as soon as I can