585,753 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Can anyone make me this part or know where I can find it? 30mm ID pipe. 2mm wall
Page 2 of 2 12
    The part you need is called a bush.
    They are very common in a range of sizes, but the part you need has a 1mm wall thickness which is unusually thin. Most bushes are 2.5mm wall. I.E. a 25mm ID and 30mm OD is common.
    If you bought something similar to this 30 x 35 x 100mm BRONZE BUSH | Bearing & Engineering Supplies | Online Shop and somehow turned it down to 32mm it might work.
    There will be a solution to this problem, so don't listen to the mockers in this thread.
    If this is really only for one car though, you should just buy a different set of bearings.
    Good luck.

dblox

this is exactly others triedtosay, cheaper new bearing than tryingto get bushing for..
    what you find,that is30 dollar, a new bearing about 20-30
    2 bearing need for one assembly..

also you wrote easy need to turn down.. in this diameter and length a 1mm wallthickness can makedifficulties..
    this part you can not put in simply in a chuck...
    also question what size the said 30 mm hole in that bronze bushing..

a machineshop possible asking 1 hour per piece.. migthbe more..

so result is, no matter he need one car or 100 it wont be affordable to buying bushings or fabricating..

even bushing is in hand, it wont be simple to assembly.. if you try toforce the bearing onto the bushing, that can acting like a piece of paper..

so really goodluck for..

bearings should not be fitted with thin bushes , it is not useful idea

I understand all the concerns. I really do have about 500 of these bearings sitting around unsure of any application to fit them on since the hole was made 2mm to big. They might have to go to the scrap yard. Any other suggestions or does anyone know how I can find a vehicle with a 32mm spindle that might be able to use these?

I have no knowledge on your planned application, but if you're looking for "spacer" material you might check with these folks. They are great to deal with. Good luck.

Metric Metals - Metric Round Seamless & Hydraulic Tubing

Maybe buy some shim stock and wrap it until you hit the desired thickness. No idea about your application though if this is viable.

I would not scrap the bearings, there is always someone out there to buy stuff.

What is the bearing part number ?

Buy the right bearings and sell the others on eBay. You are dealing with a component where failure could be fatal. It is the wrong time to try to cut corners or to use what is on hand.

bob

Bearings 101 for high speeds
    Points to note
    Large diameter bearings have high load capacity
    Large diameter bearings have excessive surface speeds
    Small diameter bearings have lower load capacity
    Small diameter bearings can have the load capacity increased by making the bearing wider,Common approach with what we call needle race bearings especially shell backed variants

Best option for high load capacity and low surface speeds is small diameter wide bearings hence why many Formulae cars run a quality deep angular contact high speed ball race on the inside of the spindle and then use a hard Shellback needle roller on the outside of the spindle to take the leveraged heavier loadings experienced under cornering on the end of the stub axle with the deep Angular contact ball race taking thrust loadings to locate the wheel assembly sideways.
    This combination will be the one to aim for under ideal circumstances.

What people often do not understand is larger diameter bearings require greater linear travel to occur per revolution,Put a tape around say a 4 inch pipe and do the same around a 6 inch pipe then calculate knowing the length measurement you get for circumference how many turns to roll one mile the difference will amaze you,It is the speeds involved in travelling that distance to complete one turn of bigger diameter bearings that causes the problems
    The problems can be as simple as excessive wear or scale up to bearing elements such as balls or rollers actually skidding instead of rolling leading to flat spotting seizing and ultimately at high speed extremely quick and potentially catastrophuic failure.

It is not necessarily the spacer as such that is an issue but the other points I have outlined as cause for concern during the design phase,One does not want to be responsible for the death of someone due to design failure.

Remember Metal does not think therefore it cannot fail,There is no such thing as Mechanical Failure.
    Humans are always involved in so called Mechanical failure,
    1: The Component was not designed correctly for the application
    2: The Component was not correctly Manufactured for the application
    3: The Component was not correctly maintained for the application as required and specced in the design phase
    4: The Component was not correctly used or operated as required and specced in the design phase including projected lifespan

So as you can see there is no such thing as mechanical failure a Human being is involved in all apsects that can cause or contribute to so called mechanical failure.THerefore start with point 1 and work from here for optimum results

In modifying something as you are doing you must approach the problems in a manner as I have outlined or it will cost you dearly when the excretement and fan blades collide,Sometimes bearing sizes do not coincide with what you wish to achieve so people sometimes have to have quality forged stub axles made or different hubs and bearings adapted or suspension components from another vehicle whereby you adapt a manufactured and therfore engineered solution from another vehicle.

trailer wheels. not for a car. For a trailer behind a car or motorcycle. How big of a trailer are you thinking of?

Page 2 of 2 12