585,992 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Error translating SPP file - PhysicGoto (1:18)

Error translating SPP file - PhysicGoto (1:18)

I am in the process of moving my Sprutcam from a desktop computer to a high-powered laptop. I installed from my original CD (from Tormach) for Sprutcam Pro 7, Build 1.0, Rev. 37828 Rc. The CD was from late 2010.

I transferred my Sprut project files from the other computer and opened 10 or 20 of them to see if all was well. I ran the simulation and everything worked great. I didn't make any changes to any of the files.

I downloaded the latest post processor for the Tormach PCNC1100 - PCNCMasterPostRev1.5.ppl.

Now, when I try to generate the gcode, I get the error:

Error translating SPP File
    (Error) PhysicGoto (1:18) Command Name Expected

I can't find anything that tells me what that is, why I might be getting that, or what to do about it.

I would appreciate any help in solving this problem. I am hoping it is a very simple fix.

I'm not sure but could it be you need a newer version of SC to work with that rev 1.5 .ppl file?
    I would say download the newest update from SC but the download link brings you to a 404 error page so the servers at SC must be down or something.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

At one time there were two versions of SprutCam, one version was for only the Tormach mill and the second was an all-post version. The post file for the Tormach only version was different than the all-post version. One could tell the difference as the postprocess extension was different as were the files if you compared them.

It sounds to me like you have the Tormach only version of SC and are trying to use the all-post version of the post processor.

Robert