585,931 active members*
4,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Graphics Card

Hello All,

I have installed a new graphics card and now when I try to run the verify (simulation) the tool leaves behind lines so you cannot see the part clearly.

Should I just re-install the latest fix/update (I am using V24) or should I de-activate and re-install BobCAD from the disk and re-activate BobCAD and see if that corrects the problem?

Or does anyone else have any ideals how to correct this problem?

The graphics card is a Galaxy GT520 with 2GB memory.

Thanks,

Eric

There are a few things that could be causing this issue.

Knowledge Base | BobCAD-CAM
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

open up the nvidia control panel and set the 3d settings between performance and quality , if that doesn't work then slide it to performance , this usually fixes the issue
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Thank You

Thanks to both dertsap and aldepoalo for the information. I tried what dertsap suggested first and it worked. I also looked at the link aldepoalo suggested and found some useful information about other topics.

Thanks again,

Eric

If those don't work, do this (actually, try it first): http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...es_verify.html

Dinking with the video card settings and the other steps on the BCC support site (unless they added these) never work for me, but the reg edits do every time.

Update: You do want to make sure your video settings are set to the BCC recommended settings, but they've never fixed the Verify glitches for me.

Just an FYI.

I almost sprung for the nVidia Quadro 4000M on my new laptop but gambled with the "standard" ATI Firepro M8900. Every one I know that has the nVidia cards has to fiddle with them for some reason or another (I don't know jack about video cards so I can't say why). The Firepro worked out of the gate and solved problems I didn't even know I had with previous hardware.

Example, Predator backplot. If I rotated the part after the backplot, the simulation lost it's crispiness. The Firepro refreshes instantly, even on very large models with no loss of quality. I probably could have made the nVidia work better with some tweaks if I knew what I was doing but following all the recommendations from BCC it still sucked.

Trying a different graphics card!

Hello again,

The graphics card (Galaxy GT520 with 2GB memory) that I have asked about in starting this post is now out of my computer (the fan stopped working) and now I have put in a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 1GB of memory.

I am having the same issue with this card as I had with the Galaxy card, but this card has the Catalyst Control Center to setup the settings and I cannot find how to set it to a performance setting.

Does anyone know how to setup this card to work with BobCAD v24 when trying to use the verify function without it leaving a ghosting toolpath?

Thanks again,

Eric

Try the registry settings linked from post #5. They are separate from any graphics card settings and fixed the ghosting on at least two V24 setups that I know of.

Hi Shred, I have tried the registry settings several times but with no luck.

Thanks anyway!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    Hi Shred, I have tried the registry settings several times but with no luck.

Thanks anyway!

Eric
    Wierd, first one it hasn't fixed. How many sets of keys did you find in the registry? Anyway, the ghosting in Verify is actually a Predator problem since that's what does the drawing. I don't know if calling them would be useful or if they'd just send you back to BobCad for support.

it is easy to not do the registry settings correctly
    but there is

turn off 3 places in local machine
    turn off 3 places in users keys

just trying to remember what i did, but it worked

try this to uninstall the predator virtual cnc and delete the BobCad Vcnc then re-install it.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/626549-post11.html

That post is actually missing one step and thats to delete the "Contents" of the BobCad NC Verify folder before continuing with the re-install. So, un-install-delete predator vcnc program files dir-delete BobCad NC verify contents-re-install-copy predator vcnc contents to BobCad NC Verify folder.........

This is from a V22 post, so change the path info to V24 stuff,

It consists of uninstalling Vcnc, then deleting the vcnc directory contents from the BobCad install dir, deleting the predator program files vcnc dir, then re-installing from the predator installer included with your V24 install and replacing the BobCad vcnc installation files with that...

If you cant follow this, post back.

Ok, below is the places in the registry settings that I have...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Classes>VirtualStore>MA CHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Predator>VirtualCNC>Ope nGL Settings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Predator>V irtualCNC>OpenGL Settings

I have set the 3 settings to off in each of the two places. THIS STILL DID NOT HELP!

I also did what BurrMan recommended but when I tried to re-install Predator Virtual CNC I received this error message:

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Virtual CNC 7.0\PVCNC_Color.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

So I do not know if that will fix the problem or not. How do I get a good install?

I have played around with the settings in the Catalyst Control Center and was able to get the verify to work without the ghosting effect, but the only problem is the stock does not show and you only see the tool moving.

Thanks for all the help!

Eric

Now I have another problem. My backplot option in Predator CNC editor (not Predator Virtual CNC) is not showing up now. It is not greyed out but the option is just not there.

How can I get that back?

Thanks,

Eric

Click Help,click license,does it show you have it?If not probably gotta call BoB.

Have to run BobCAD for it to work

Now I have another problem. My backplot option in Predator CNC editor (not Predator Virtual CNC) is not showing up now. It is not greyed out but the option is just not there.

How can I get that back?

Thanks,

Eric
    Are you trying to open it from your desktop without V24 open and running??

If so it usually doesn`t run at Level 2, you either have to launch Predator by right clicking in the G code pane within V24 with code posted or just have V24 launched and then you should be able to launch Predator from your desktop.

Does that on my system

P.S. Or I can still use my good old V23 "Dongle", that still makes it work without any BobCAD versions open Moral ? ? Never throw away the "dongle"

Hope that helps

How can I get that back?

Thanks,

Eric
    Maybe you deleted more than the Vcnc folder contents from the predator program files folder?

You could try to re-install it from the BobCad system files folder.