502,605 active members
4,974 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > changing solid face color
Page 1 of 2 12
    Registered

changing solid face color

running mc10 mu2. importing .sldprt file extensions for solids.

i tried using the set solid face color, still does nothing for me.
    recently upgraded and it reset my config file. does anyone know the option that allows to chnge solid colors after import? trying to mask and make my life easier btw wireframe changes no problem thanks in advance

Registered
    bleh i meant to say using mcx6 mu2

Gold Member
    Do you mean you wish to change the Solid Face Select color when a face is selected? Or do you wish to change the color of the solid model itself?

Registered
    change the color of a face on the solid model. tried the highlight and right click over color pallet as well still nada. wondering if the model is uneditable?

Gold Member
    This answer was removed because SUPERMAN says that it is incorrect. Refer all future MasterCam questions directly to him.

Registered
    got it someone had shade settings different. using a certain color not entity colors. thanks for help back to masking i go. 3d highspeed smoother sometimes then containment in tight spaces rather check a certain color and drive off another.

Flies Fast
    Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    The solid model can only be changed in its entirety. Not able to change a single face color. To change the entire model color, click the model and press F4 key. Click the color pallet. Click the new color desired. Click ok. Sometimes you will need to refresh or click the Clear colors icon to see the change.
    Tx,
    The ability to alter solid face colors has been available since X5

I believe you are running & instructing using X3, this is the most disasterous version ever released by CNC Solutions, it was a very short-lived release.

If you are wanting to give correct directions to PPL that have a later release than yourself, I do suggest you upgrade to learn & be able to give that correct instruction.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Tx,
    The ability to alter solid face colors has been available since X5

I believe you are running & instructing using X3, this is the most disasterous version ever released by CNC Solutions, it was a very short-lived release.

If you are wanting to give correct directions to PPL that have a later release than yourself, I do suggest you upgrade to learn & be able to give that correct instruction.
    Tell you what I will do. I will just leave YOU to giving the only possible correct answers to these guys.

Sorry guys, you need to message SUPERMAN specifically for all of the MasterCam answers. He is the only one that knows anything about it. Good luck with that.

Flies Fast
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_Phil View Post
    running mc10 mu2. importing .sldprt file extensions for solids.
    i tried using the set solid face color, still does nothing for me.

recently upgraded and it reset my config file. does anyone know the option that allows to chnge solid colors after import? trying to mask and make my life easier btw wireframe changes no problem thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_Phil View Post
    bleh i meant to say using mcx6 mu2
    Tx,
    He did state he was using X6 & had problems with the "Solid face colors", but your comments were to belittle his query, by saying, "Not able to change a single face color".

Sorry if you are offended when being corrected. Not a good sign from an "instructor".
    My comments were to highlight (to you & others) that there have been significant changes that have occured since X3, & this "solid face color" change function being one of them.

Registered
    thanks for all you help. with 16 different machinists in a prototype shop you get to see alot of different approaches and options selected lol. again thanks for your time

txcncman, you are helpful but I have to say sense you refuse to learn the newer stuff some of your answers are out dated and the software has changed allot.

Like your thought to change a color of a solid or any entity you can use the F4 but the first would be to right click on color then select the solid and then pick the color ,unless you want to preselect then it will prompted for new color.

Bottom line is keep helping as you have allot to offer but there is going to be time that I have to say this not true like in the past just because the software has changed.

PS I did offer you the X6 HLE so you could play and learn some of the new stuff.
    guys have a great day and thank you both for your help on this forum.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Re: changing solid face color

[QUOTE=cadcam;1157627]Like your thought to change a color of a solid or any entity you can use the F4 but the first would be to right click on color then select the solid and then pick the color ,unless you want to preselect then it will prompted for new color. QUOTE]

I'm using X9 & 2018 and the Set Solid Feature Color still doesn't work.

In X9, the only time I see the color I selected is when the mouse hovers over the solid. But that's the only time I see the color. When the mouse is off the solid, it reverts back to the original color it was. The Entity Attribute Manger is off.

In 2018 when the mouse hovers over the solid it does not show the color I selected. It shows the original color.

2018 does not even have the option to Set Solid Feature Color. So there is clearly something wrong with color that CNC Software can't figure out how to get it to work so they removed it.

The only way I found to change the color in Mastercam is to Modify Solid Face Color, which is time consuming & inefficient, or modify the color in the original software package (if you have it), which is also inefficient and can get really expensive just to change colors to be able to clearly see geometry quickly.

Does anyone know of any way that I clearly may have missed ? There's got to be a way. Please... someone???

Page 1 of 2 12