584,837 active members*
5,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Adding notes to individual tool paths when using the same tool

Adding notes to individual tool paths when using the same tool

I'm using the same tool for multiple operations and I'd like to find a way to add notes to mark when the new operation starts while I'm using the same tool. Like "small pocket, "large pocket", "island".

I've searched and really had no luck. I'm not even sure if this is possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Adding notes to individual tool paths when using the same tool

put your comment on the end of the operation in op manager.... or in the tool parameter section of that operation.
    Your post has to have the ability to parse it into the NC file.

The only problem it cannot overcome is when doing individual features in the same operation.... those ( if needed) must be edited in manually

Thank you. That helps immensely.

I saw the comments section but didn't realize it would output a note for each operation using the same tool and not just at the beginning of each tool.

I'm still learning. I'm able to use Mastercam after work at my job, but I get no help from anyone. I've been fumbling around and making progress watching youtube videos. Slow going but I'm getting there. I bought a Fadal from my work and am enjoying making what I want for myself. I may even be able to make a buck or two with it.

If you remove the parenthesis from the op comment (1008) in the post you can output code and comment in your NC file.

Using the comments as stated in the earler posts. you can also use Manual entry as an option.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .