585,575 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation 414, 424 servo alarm

We have a Citizen with a Fanuc A06B-6058-H221 dual amplifier. We are getting the 414, 424 detect alarms. We had the amp and P/S repaired. It powered up ok and X jogged/homed. However, Z took moved in the wrong direction and in rapid. We reversed 2 leads on the output. It moved in the right direction. We cycled power and it came up ok. We attempted to move X again and it took off in a rapid move and overtraveled and the 401, 414, and 424 came back up.

We have checked cabling, installed 1 new pulse coder, had the amp and power supply repaired, checked hookups, etc. The pulse coders connect through the motherboard/cpu and then out to the amp.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Update

In diagnostic 720 - 00010000
    In diagnostic 721 - 00010000

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the bit stands for OL. Is that correct?

Also, get a 521 OT-Z on occassion. This of course is overtravel in Z-axis.

Thanks. Any thoughts???

what control please ?

Control

I was told it is 0-t.

Thanks.

Plot Thickens!

I got the X-axis to jog and home. Now the Z-axis gets a 420 alarm and an occassional 424 detect alarm. This is on a dual axis servo amp. (Fanuc) No replies yet.....hello? Where's the normal experts that usually pipe in???

Thanks.

Correction

The Fanuc controller is a O-B. We have the X-aixs jogging and homing. If we attempt to move the Z-axis we get a 420 Z-excess alarm. This is on the dual servo amp.

Any thoughts on what would be causing the 420 alarm?

Regards.

Update

The Citizen is up and running. The original disconnect alarm was caused by a faulty pulse coder. The other alarm was caused by the pulse coder not being properly aligned. On other machines, I just replaced the encoder/pulse coder and re-established home. This machine did not like that and it was a touch/go to get the pulse coder aligned so the axis wouldn't take off and over travel. I hope this info is helpful to someone else in the field.

-Hotrob1-

I have dealt with many times the 4n0 alarm (n is the axis number), summarize the following reasons.
    Boll Screw and Bearing without lubrication, Motor or Encoder fault, Water in the Encoder Connector, Encoder Cable connection is bad,
    These conditions can result in the detection of position deviation.
    FYI:cheers:

Thanks,
    Aaron

We have been having serious problems with our Miyano BNC-34T, Fanuc 0-T(c). Before I worked here they lost parameters once or twice. The X-axis servo makes a slightly "angerier" whining noise than the other servos, almost sounds there is some shorting going on in there. When the servo rapids, sometimes it errors out with a 414 (HCAL, or abnormal current). We checked our connections, and I cleaned the encoder connections but that did not help too much. On the servo tuning screen the servo current jitters around several times a second, from single digits to 20-something percent. Help?? These servos have not been tuned. What parameters should I look at?