585,894 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > problem: CINCINNATI MILACRON 'TALON' CNC TURNING CENTER Model 210, New 1994

problem: CINCINNATI MILACRON 'TALON' CNC TURNING CENTER Model 210, New 1994

Hi guys, I have a problem, I just bought one of these lathes and can not get it started, the computer will come on and all but can not get any movement, I need some help here, for starters I have a 30 kva step up transformer to 460 volts, is this enough? how do I turn on the hydraulic moter? How do I program the power supply, (the - p + buttons with the display.)

hwwp://www.gaec.com/catalog/Machines/p11809.htm
    change ww to tt.

First, regarding voltage, check your electrical prints to verify this. The voltage and tolerance range will be in them. Since some of the Cincinnati lathes were set up for different voltages, it's safest to use what is recommended for your machine.

Based on your (- p +) comment, I'm assuming you have the Simodrive package in your machine. In this case, these buttons are used to view/set the parameters in your spindle drive, and have nothing to do with the power supply.

The hydraulics should come up with the machine power. If the drives power up but the hydraulics don't, you will need to look into the hydraulic circuit to find out why.

However, based on the little information you provided, I would assume you are not getting power to your drives either, which would indicate something is preventing machine power from coming up (assuming you followed the proper startup procedure from the manual).

If the machine power does not come on when following the procedure in the manual, you need to determine what is preventing the control from starting the machine power. Common issues to check are overtravel, e-stop, barfeed e-stop, tripped CB, fuses, etc. I'm not sure how the 850 control handles it, but I have also seen some machines that will not power up if set up for a barfeed which has been removed. Again, looking at the electrical prints can give you a better idea of what is required before the control will power up the machine.

ok Maveric, I do not have a manual...looking online for it..

ok I give up, can't find any manual, I still need the start up procedure.

Typically to power up the machine it is simply let the control load fully, then press the "Master Start" button to bring up the machine power. As long as all the conditions are met to power it up, the drives and hydraulics should come on.

If you plan to keep the machine for any period of time, I would recommend you contact Cincinnati (now part of MAG-IAS) and purchase a set of manuals for the machine. You may be able to find some of the manuals online (or on ebay), but Cincinnati will be able to provide you with the full set of manuals.

ok, just found out that my perimeters are lost, machine will hold then for 30 days...? anybody help me here...?