585,737 active members*
4,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Compact flash/PCMCIA HELP!

Hello,

I have been trying for the past couple months now, to get our CNCs to use a PCMCIA/Compact Flash adapter to the left of the LCD screen. I can get them both to work with using the old RS232 cable and laptop setup, but it is a comberson setup and take time to boot up, blah blah blah. Takes too long in general.

Anyways, the machines are a SNK RB-260M (Fanuc 18i-MB) and a Makino KE55 (Fanuc 20i-FA). I have 2 card adapters, 1 is a transcend PCMCIA ATA to compact flash, the other is a SanDisk CompactFlash PC Card Adapter. I have several compact flash cards, none are bigger than 256mb and vary in name brand. I know to change the I/O channel to 4. When I want to DNC I have to change parameter 138 Bit#7 to 1. I know of formatting the cards to a FAT file system and you can format at the control too, pressing the 2 right softkeys at boot up.

On the SNK (18i-MB), i have always gotten the error 1010. But i only started to try and use the card slot after the board was changed out behind the screen and it is currectly using a board that has traces ran to make it work as it burnt out one day. We do have a replacement board, but they do not want to put it in yet. So i do not know if this is the problem or not and i do not know if it even worked before all this too.

On the Makino (20i-FA), when i first tried it and finding the correct menus to go to, it worked and read and transfered files, even DNC a program. All while plugged in for the first time. But i plugged it into the computer, then back into the machine, it would not read it. When i pressed "CARD" softkey, the directory box shows up, but in the lower right corner "EDIT" flashes and it acts like it is trying to read it, but goes nowhere. After formatting several different ways, with no success, i gave up for a bit. Come back to it a couple weeks later and it worked again. Transferred back and forth. Hook the card into the computer and back to the machine, nothing again. Flashes "EDIT" in the lower right corner. I do not wait any longer than a couple mins before taking the card out. This was using the Sandisk adapter.

I am at the end of my rope here. I do not know what to do next or what the problem is. I have read and probably re-read most of the forums out there on this, but i do not know where to go from here. Does anyone have any idea?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks

it sounds like you are doing everything correctly as far as CNC operation. you may have a hardware problem. you should swap that spare board in and see if that fixes the issue. there's no other way other than call out a Fanuc repair guy.
    Re: card in PC issue, look for hidden directories on the card. if you have them and you have a file named the same as the directory but with .exe on the end you have a virus in your PC. I forget the name of it but it's a pain to get rid of if you have it on dozens of cards like I did.

Also, if using Windows, DO NOT allow Windows to automatically scan removable media.

I've had the same problem on a Hyundai 400L & 700LA. The system versions are 21i and 32i. What woks for me now is:

-plug card in computer
    -drag & drop program in the card's folder
    -plug card in CNC
    -go to edit
    -press system on keyboard
    -press right soft key a couple of times until the "ALL IO" option appears on the bottom of the screen
    -select "ALL IO"
    -a window with all the programs in the card (top half of screen) and all programs in the cnc (bottom half of screen) should come up
    -press "F READ" on the bottom of the screen
    -assign a program # to the program you are trying to send
    -hit "EXE" on the bottom of the screen
    -an alarm MAY come up, ignore it and hit reset
    -the program should now be on the cnc

On the 18i-MB, i have been trying several things. I could not find any hidden files directories or anything. I have been trying several different formats with different allocation sizes. I know the machine is reading the card because i can go to different menus w/o it being froze/hung like the 20i-FA (i have to pull the card out to do anything on it). Trying with a couple programs dragged and dropped onto the card like cSpampinato said to. I found that FAT file system and either 4096 or 8192 allocation works. I get memory card error 99 doing this through edit>prog>card AND the way described below by cSpampinato.

But going a little further on the last method, if i right arrow softkey over until i see a M-card option and select it. It pops up with CNC/RAM saying 1.0m byte and memory card; no attrubtion. BUT, when i phycially wiggle the card around i can get it to jump around from saying 128k bytetefeprom (?) and 6.00m bytetefeprom with 4096 allocation and it says 6.0m byte with 8192 allocation. I tried to format the card both times while it said something but it popped up with a new error "file system error 147". with 16k & 32k allocation i get memory card error 1010. I have not tried to format using the right 2 soft key method while it said 128k or 6.0m.

ill continue to try other things tonight. But does anyone know what the file system error 147 is? and what is the 128k & 6.0M byte thing mean? and anymore ideas?

the memory card errors list in the manual goes up to 140 so it must be a secret error

Sounds like hardware issues. Otherwise your doing things right. I have run into older i controls not liking larger (faster/newer?) memory cards. We have 10 and 16MB cards. One control will not use the 16MB but will work fine with the 10MB

We also have a KE55 but an older one with just a 20FA control (slot on the motherboard in the cabinet). For that we have to use a SRAM card.

Well, i have finally got around to trying this again. I have 6 CF cards; 3 are 256mb and 3 are 64mb. All of them were formatted differently to see which would work. None of them worked in the 18i-MB, got a 1010 error on 5 of them and on the 6th one i got a memory error 99. That paticular one was formatted in fat32. The rest were just fat. In the KE55, the 5 that got the 1010 error all worked, and the one formatted in fat32 gave me a 1010 error.

I have only punch to the cards, i have not tried to DNC from them yet. Hopefully in the next couple days ill have more info for you all about the DNC part.

format the card in machine , and try hope it will solve ur issue

The DNC worked good. no problems. I just could not load another program after the 1st finished. The correct menu was not showing up (DNC-ST soft key).

So the fix is still unknown...it just started working.

From my understanding in the manual. I have to turn the power off to be able to load (f set) a new program in DNC mode (138.7). Is this the only way?

The program completely finish and i tried to load the next one to follow it, but it kept wanting to run the original one (a roughing one) now i want to run a finishing one. But the roughing one is still loaded, even after a day. I turned off the machine and the program was not loaded and i was free to load another...Please tell me this is not the only way to load programs after they are done

Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 Error Codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

If you have Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 errors then we strongly recommend that you Download (Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010) Repair Tool.

This article contains information that shows you how to fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 both (manually) and (automatically) , In addition, this article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error code that you may receive.
    Note: This article was updated on 2016-07-11 and previously published under WIKI_Q210794

Contents
    1. What is Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?
    2. What causes Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?
    3. How to easily fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 errors

What is Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

The Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused. This is common error code format used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors.
    This code is used by the vendor to identify the error caused. This Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error code has a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases the error may have more parameters in Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 format .This additional hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.

What causes Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

The Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.
    There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

How to easily fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
    1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
    2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
    3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.
    4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.
    5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
    6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):
    1) Download (Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010) repair utility.
    2) Install program and click Scan button.
    3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
    4) Restart your computer.

How does it work?
    This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your windows operating system registry structure.
    basic features: (repairs system freezing and rebooting issues , start-up customization , browser helper object management , program removal management , live updates , windows structure repair.)