585,978 active members*
4,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question connecting to fanuc via ethernet

I could use some help sending and receiving files to a fanuc oi-TD controller. We are using windows7 on all systems in the shop. I have connected the machine to the network, the machine sees the network and the network sees the machine.(Can ping back and forth) But with no ftp in windows7, we can't communicate. Can someone suggest an easy to setup and use ftp?

try a free FTP program like FileZilla. There are many others (search with google)
    or use Windows Explorer......
    http://www.studio-owens.com/blog/How...sta-and-XP.htm

Maybe I can't configure these programs properly, but they all seem to want to go out to the internet only.(Tried filezilla and a couple of others) All we want is something that is simple to setup and send inhouse.

ftp programs simply connect to an IP address. if you are FTP'ing to another network that is configured to allow incoming FTP transfers it will work as-is when configured correctly. By default a PC can access any other FTP site through a browser or using FTP client software like Filezilla. If you want a PC to be FTP-accessible from another PC or device you must run FTP Server software like Serv-U on it and configure it to work. You also need to turn on the FTP ports and protocols since most PCs with windows disable FTP for security reasons.
    FTP is old-school back from the days when you had to know what to type at the prompt to do things. It can become complex and the explanation and configuration of it is beyond a simple answer. You will probably have better luck some other way like using regular RS232 serial cables, or get local help from an old-school computer guy who knows what is required.