584,812 active members*
5,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Contouring Violating Surfaces

Contouring Violating Surfaces

Hello,

I am new to MasterCAM. Can you set it so will automatically know where each surface is and not violate/ crash into the surfaces, even if I didn't select them, set any bounds or set check faces?

Thanks in Advance,

Hades

You have to tell Mastercam that the surfaces are there.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Select them as check surfaces. Or use a sketch as an avoid area.

John

using check surfaces is one way to have mastercam avoid hitting surfaces you don't want to hit.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY View Post
    using check surfaces is one way to have mastercam avoid hitting surfaces you don't want to hit.
    by one way do you mean there are others? I'm looking to remove as much possible error as possible, is there a way to automatically select all surfaces?

you can with a 3d highspeed toolpath then create a containment

like nw Phil said 3d highspeed toolpaths can do that. you can create a boundry and select the model and mastercam will cut everything in that boundry. if you want it to stay away from some of the surfaces you have to make check surfaces or offset the surfaces. I don't recommend you offsetting surfaces but if you had to you can. hope this helps.

All surface paths can use a tool boundary well 95% of them can. this will contain the tool in an area that you create the tool boundary from.
    ANd Like John said you can also still use a check surface and define how close it can come to that surface.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLMT View Post
    Select them as check surfaces. Or use a sketch as an avoid area.

John
    John do you mean a tool boundry when you said use a Sketch as an avoid area?
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I was also wondering if he meant boundry also.