585,719 active members*
4,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bougth a Crap China CNC Router!

Need help with several things any one here that have great experience on how to use simple CNC routers It uses NCstudio and ucancam.
    Need a mentor and a hair transplant.

Hi winemuppet,
    The NC STUDIO is the operating system for your CNC Router.
    I have also had problems when I first received machine.
    With your accesories you should have a interface card if this card is not installed in your PC it will not open the NC studio.
    So First open your computer and install card then try to load the program NC studio if it does not load.
    Google NC Studio and Download from software manufacturer.
    Then connect the cable from your PC to your CNC Router.
    Put main power to your machine and switch on your PC and try to open NC STUDIO.

NC STUDIO IS LOOKING FOR INTERFACE CARD IF NOT INSTALLED IT WILL NOT OPEN.

Hope this will help you Good Luck

TNX man for your reply.
    i have the machine conected and almost evrything works, exept if im going to cut a board 800mm long it gets 940mm when the machine cuts it....its a 1200X1800 mm machine. i hae set the work table size to 1200X1800 in NCstudio as well...

Hi winemuppet,
    you have to play with your parameter setting will look up and send you sequence how to do this, had same problem and i think i have kept notes somewhere will look and get back to you
    regards

oh thank you that would be lovley, im curenly under extreme time preassure to get my job done, in two weeks i have to have my things done. i make interiors for mobilehomes, and in two weeks i have to deliver the first one. im just aprox a year late...he he he

Problem solved...but with this machine ill probably be back....

Ucancam Nesting

Is there anybody out there who actually managed to nest anything with Ucancam V9? if so how?

as regards to the machine I got a crap cnc router from china it had NC studio too, the first thing I did was rip the NC out and change every thing to geckos
    it made the machine go from crap to good then did a QC on the machine and fixed everything that was not quite right like fix buggered feed holes made sure everything was squire the machine is a very good machine now
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How much did the machines cost?
    Worth the price of admission after getting the bugs worked out and the QC done?

DLS

the machine cost 1/3 the price of buying one in NZ after shipping and re build it was about $16000 the machine is a 1200mm X 2400mm x160mm
    the frame, stepper motors, and spindle on the machine was the only thing that was good.
    its a risk getting anything from china but if you have time and funds its OK.
    Look at tormach they do the machine you get after they have gone over it is a very good machine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crap China machines come with NCStudio. That should be a warning sign. If you can modify machines and install good software, fine, but the newbies should run away!

or you could order a machine with out NC studio and no steeper drivers.
    that is what i would do next time i get a new machine, as most company's who sell cnc machine get there machines from china and rebuild them and sale them for a big profit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i have also chinese..
    ncstudio actually a good quality card.. settings is important..
    if machine going different distance themn need proper setting for step per distance..

my machine was 6700 at my door.. true, spent one day to look all the way trough and fixed very minor thing..
    cleaning some chips, that was not actually any effect, just bothering a little why they didnt clean..

price approximately 50-70 percent compared with otherbrands..
    almost a year old, and has no real issue with

of course dont expect you pay 6-8 K and get a 100K value haas center :-)
    will not happen..

for the price you all paid, they are ok machines.. with brands also can happen glitch... but those folks dont post it publicly..

already in the country, also in canada some chinese manufacturer, and they have depot..

Hi i paid 3582USD for my machine, but that was from factory in china to my front door, its inkludes toll VAT transport from harbour and a bunch of other harbout costs. not a bad price at all. as mentioned before you get what you pay for, i se this more like an trail and error machine, i have not used any cnc machinery before so its a good way of learning, the machine is not usefull for my production needs, witch i naively thougth. but i have outsourced my production to a local company.
    I only yse my machine to make prototypes and small scale production.

I've been looking at these Chinese Cnc routers on fleabay (eBay). I may just go for a used one on Craigslist instead

The **** continues
    My Z axis is making funny things it only moves towards + if i press - it still goes toward + any ideas???

A wire on the stepper us broken. I had the same problem happen to me. The wires leading to the Z axis stepper just failed somewhere in the middle of the wire.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Could you name the suppliers you bought from?