584,800 active members*
4,671 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Dynapath Delta 40M repair info

I installed a new design servo dynamics 1525-brs i picked up off ebay $179.00 with free shipping, madeup some simple patch cords to keep my original wiring intact. Fired the machine up and it moves in all directions, like i expected, i tried to reference the machine according to the dynapath 30m manual (don't have the dynapath 40mu book) , and it reached the x limit switch and went into emergancy stop (not the e-stop button, a software stop) and shut down all 3 axis, now i can't seem to get the e-stop reset.. one step foward two steps back, learning the dance...

...Thats good news about the SD amp replacement...great. The E Stop problem (soft limit) should be easy to get out of....Hit Reset...Mode Select> 0 (Jog)> 2 then jog off limit.
    To Reference xyz ...in Jog Mode1st jog each axis anywhere off the Travel Limits...then type R and then use Jog button "+" ( I think) to start the Homing process for each axis. I do Z 1st...then XY. another thing you might like to do is set your Display to show Axis Lag....hit Mode Select>5 Setup> type TM4 (Lag Display) hit Enter.

....If you're feeling frisky to run a program... here is a quick program for you to test when getting to that point. Also, you may have noticed that there is no MDI choice on the Mode Select screen. (Dynapath fixed that with later versions.) My work around was to make a File in Catalog Mode> then type MDI (any name 8bit max long) then hit Enter...then Mode Select>3 Program then use Conv Graphics (soft key) or type in your Data...hit Start button to execute the currently display screen...you can also use the Next Event button to enter more steps N001 N002 etc..decimal points are also allowed in Sequence numbers example N1.001 to N1.999

I got it off the axis manually, the machine acted like the estop was pressed and eveything shut down, i had to open a gear box, move the motor off the stop, power up move away, power down then move the gearbox back the correct number of turns..my problem was trying to reference the axis the wrong dirction. Begginner mistakes..lol..got the machine reference the second time and lowered the tsble to avoid any mishaps, then tried to run the program that was already stored in memory, figured it was safely setup for this machines configuration..went into mode select "auto" pressed tha start button, and the spindle started, but the machine wouldn't move, and it wouldn't stop cycle, had to use estop to break thd loop..0

This is the new controller installed, i had to move it to the x axis so it would fit better, but it is functional. At does stutter, or maybe its jumpy, im sure its an adjustment somewhere, haven't looked for it yet..

Good progress...One thing to check is for dirty TACH Gen Brushes on the jumpy axis DC motors...but they may not be easy to inspect and clean without disassembling/removing Encoder etc..marking photographing everything 1st and during dissemble is good idea.

Are we having fun yet?

DJ

Thanks for the falcon.txt file, i tried to read thru it, i understand most of the comands, but ax i execute it runs past the limits on x/y.. i have whole slew of programs in my catalog on mschine. I tried running one of them, it just sits there, i can see the progress stepung thru lines, but it never starts quill, or moves the table...i guess i'm gonna have to figure out my offsets next.

I'll try reading thru more of the book..thanks again.

...its your lucky day. I found an extra 40/50/60 Dynapath manual and it's very good condition. PM me if needed
    DJ

Your awesome, found my runaway issue. I have an issue with my solidworks post processing file..i have been downloading and trying every post process file i can find, so far nothing works..

This is my 30 manual, im sure its not too far off the 40 manual..but it would be nice to have the correct version..my manual is dated feb 1994..

Quote Originally Posted by swhowardno1 View Post
    Your awesome, found my runaway issue. I have an issue with my solidworks post processing file..i have been downloading and trying every post process file i can find, so far nothing works..
    ...maybe a Dynapath Delta 2000 post processor would work if, you can find it for Solidworks. also search Delta 50M and 60M.

I think i read where dynapath was iso compliant, so do i need a post processor, or can the straight gcode cut a part?? I wish i knew more about the format of the calls, ths book expects you to understand format issues, i read the examples, and i can see what it should do, but there are other call that effect the outcome, like absolute vs incremental movements. So even though i understand one code i don't know where the previous code is going to leave me..

I did get my new servo amp smoothed out, someone had dropped the tach pot to zero, i just brought it up to about 5k and it slides nice and clean now even at max rapid speed.. will work on the code more tomarrow, i'm exhausted..

Quote Originally Posted by swhowardno1 View Post
    I think i read where dynapath was iso compliant, so do i need a post processor, or can the straight gcode cut a part??
    both using Conv Graphs
    I wish i knew more about the format of the calls, ths book expects you to understand format issues, i read the examples, and i can see what it should do, but there are other call that effect the outcome, like absolute vs incremental movements. So even though i understand one code i don't know where the previous code is going to leave me..
    it's a process,,,

I did get my new servo amp smoothed out, someone had dropped the tach pot to zero, i just brought it up to about 5k and it slides nice and clean now even at max rapid speed.. will work on the code more tomarrow, i'm exhausted..
    ... Great to hear. Kind of makes you wonder what other Pots are out of adjustment or have been serviced by the Maytag repaiman in the past.

DJ

Thanks for all yoir help sunday, i woke up refreshed monday morning, and couldn't remember 1/10th of the things we did on the machine, but i got some of it straightened out. Still cant get my programs to run, they start out fine, then fizxle out about the second or third line, im having a hard time deciding when to use gcode or canned cycles, the should both work, vut i'm trying canned cycles mode right now. How do you determine what variables to use and what to leave blank?? My fixture offsets were causing runaway,( how do i know if my machine is in absolute or incremental mode??? I am running canned cycles, because i can set absalute x/y/z and the table move into position, the cutter starts to spin, then it just sits there and nothing ever happens..

Thanks for all your help,
    I think u may be calling you back soon to try fix some more setup issues..

Scott

..Yes, if you have not programmed CNC's before this...its going to be a little hard at first. Here is a another sample program with drilling and milling

Set E01 to X5.0000 Y5.0000 Z-1.0000 should work.
    Call me when you are ready no problem. Glad to help.
    DJ

opps feed rate problem in that 1st program...use the 2nd program

Did you ever get the SD 1525 board working? I have a set that had too much power dropped into them and now with perfect input, they refuse to put out any current. I am looking for the Q17 MOSFET next, and hoping it is just a part or two that is smoked.

Page 3 of 3 123