585,932 active members*
3,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > ntc with fanuc 21i control issues

ntc with fanuc 21i control issues

Hello

I am looking for some help on an ntc nv4g cnc machine with fanuc 21i control
    My employer bought this machine at auction and upon getting it hooked up found most batteries to be dead and some cooling fans broke. Well we got those issues fixed and now it boots with no alarms but I cant move none of the axis. if I turn the feed rate to 200% I can get it to jog using the jog box but when I let go of the button it alarms out with an excess error. when not at 200% the values on the display move but axis are not. Could this be a parameter issue since the batteries were all dead? I cannot find a backup disk either so any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

fanuc 21 control

hello, I had an issue like your with a fanuc 21t. if the batteries are dead or removed from the machine while the machine was not powered up it is a good possibility that you lost the parameters in the control. I would call the closest machine tool distributer supporting the machine and ask them to download you the manuals that came with the machine. In one of the manuals you may have to manually set machine zeros and things of this nature like I had to (It took me a several tries to figure it out). All four manuals for my machine ( Hardinge Cobra 42) were free of charge because they were downloaded via email.
    hope this helps