585,991 active members*
5,358 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 15T IPL problem

We have a !5T machine here that had a blown board and now even after service have replaced it and then again -----they cannot get it pasted the IPL screen startup -----------We get it to take the 99 to initalize the board for manual parameter settings but the keypad locked and will not let us put the passwords in ---------------i came accross this many years ago but havent been one this contol for along time --------any sugestions ????????????

Thanks for any sugestions or help
    Laird

Call me 289 389 6117 Thursday 11-5 EDT and I'll step you through.

Hey memory man ------i pulled out the board put in a new one and did the dance and nope it doesnt work and along came all the Fanuc services guys while i was stuck on another project and they have put at least 3 boards and chips and everything you can imagine and its still dead and until they leave i am just a mer mortal so i will stay away but stay tuned ????
    ()
    The boards are unstable when they powered up and i told them to replace the power supply for a start and every time i have seen it up now even after the . and - or the 7 and 9 ------the keyboard is frozen after the 99 input and will not let the passwords be inputed for manual upload

Thankyou for the offer and if they leave then i will give you a call as its getting to deep into the fanuc motherboard and slots and stuff for me to understand

Get as much information about what was replaced as you can. We have a complete control here for testing. I am here normally 9-5 Toronto time.
    Bill

Hey Bill
    They have it up and running just wating on Data numbers from a simllar machine we have in Mexico --We took snap shots of the old machine Data Screens but forogt the 7 other pages lol and know hard copy book can be found

I ask the Fanuc service and of course its like pulling teeth to what they really did ------but it seems stable even after powering on and off

it was orginally a Mori Seki 15TT 4 axis modifeid to be a Sphere cutting machine for diffcases

Thank Laird