585,930 active members*
3,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > has anyone ever heard of the brand FEELER?

has anyone ever heard of the brand FEELER?

I'm in the market for a new machine and had a salesman in today for a company called FEELER (methods machine tool). The price tag makes it very tempting but ive never heard of them before. Just wandering if anyone has had any experiance with these.

I will let you know soon I have a VB 1650 VMC coming in a week.

Just another brand name for a Tiawan based builder.

Quote Originally Posted by jonatclifty View Post
    I'm in the market for a new machine and had a salesman in today for a company called FEELER (methods machine tool). The price tag makes it very tempting but ive never heard of them before. Just wandering if anyone has had any experiance with these.
    Have you taken a look at this page: Methods Machine Tools - Methods Introduces FEELER. From my perspective itis just a contact builder for Methids Machine Tools. Personally I'd look for an American made machine myself. My only thought here is to preserve at least some manufacturing in this country, instead of sending even more dollars abroad for basic equipment. Beyond that I have zero experience with the machinery.

Feeler was a Taiwan company, used to make some pretty nice Hardinge copies. As far as American, your ONLY choice now days is Haas that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Feeler was a Taiwan company, used to make some pretty nice Hardinge copies. As far as American, your ONLY choice now days is Haas that I know of.

This is correct about Feeler, but IDK if they are still made in Taiwan either (would be a good thing if they are).

Also Sharp sales lathes from Taiwan. Infact I would look at Sharp there are a lot of people that buy and run there machines. The service is said to be good also.. If prices where equal I would have to lean toward the sharp. Thats not to say Feeler will not do good by you, but I do see more reports about Sharp and there machines.

Depending on your needs the Haas TL-2 lathe is CNC, but can be used manual. USA made with great service if the machine type fits the need.

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Here's more details of the older Feeler stuff:

Page Title

sold some feeler machines and have seen some feelers under different names. friendly machine and saileo come to mind. not bad machines.built well and usually have fanuc drives tho i sold one with an anilam/heindenhein system.

Got my vb 1650 about 2 months ago absolutley love it great machine lots of power and very rigid.

VB 1650 VMC, nice.