584,837 active members*
5,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > A2100 hard drive dead. Can I copy our other machine?

A2100 hard drive dead. Can I copy our other machine?

We had a hard drive fail. We had them all backed up but this one had a back backup and that's the one we need.

We have several of the same machine and we have copied the hard drive form a machine that has a serial number one digit lower. I assume some files are unique to each machine due to purchased options, error tables and so on.

We were able to recover most of the files in the Mustang folders.

If we ghost a good hard drive does anyone know what files from the bad hard drive that are a must to copy over? We copy them all and it will not load properly.

Did you use cloning software to make an exact image or just copy?
    I use Acronis.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Clone software

If the software versions of A2100 are the same it should work, as long as all options are the same on each machine. Chances are you will definately get some errors you may need to address on initial startup.

FYI a new hard drive from Siemens loaded with the software and the options specific to your machine is about $1500

So we are up and running but with some serial number alarm. Where can I find the place to enter in the correct serial number and paid options like the extended memory?

You don't enter the serial number, it is embedded in the control.

Your options content is controlled with a software lock. The machine should have come with the options code. If you added any options to the machine, an updated code would have been provided which incorporates all purchased options on the control.

If you purchase a new hard drive, the most recent code will be provided with the new hard drive to enable your options once it is installed.

Larry

Please send me the serial number of the control and machine serial number to send you the page for up grade the serial number in the image that you will get from the other machine.
    Maybe you will have problems if the versión of the software and the machine dimensions are differents.
    My Mail is [email protected]