584,865 active members*
4,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS OTS Renishaw Probing Issue....

Exclamation HAAS OTS Renishaw Probing Issue....

Need help figuring out why my offsets are always +.15 after probing. I have recalibrated the tool probe and work probe...by the book! Took exact measurements to find exact gauge line numbers, checked spindle for any kind of unusual movement, still .15 off. Every time the offset of the tool is positive that much. Machine offsets are fine because I have reverted back to using dial presetter for now. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

'08 Haas VF-4

I assume you are talking length. How did you calibrate the spindle probe length?

if you adjusted the tool offset length value of the probe by the error would they come back right?

I have been seeing more problems with probing that were probably due to corrupted 9xxx programs that were corrected by reloading these programs. Might want to look into that also.

guypb, yes I am talking probe length. But I did find out that the work probe is off in x and y also. Started using a standard edge finder and found that also. Luckily I have been finding center on all my parts so far until now. Just thought it would be a good idea to double check it and glad I did. The way I calibrated the probe length was with a dial indicator and a factory cad drawing of the holder I was using....."gauge line to edge of holder flange" + "edge of flange to ruby tip" Hope that makes sense.

txcnc....thanks for that input as well, I will try that also!

Use a dial indicator to sweep in the probe tip to within .0002 then go into VQC and use the probe calibration programs.