585,599 active members*
3,480 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V25 post editor

HI every one i upgraded to v25 bbc from v23 skiped 24 the 25 looks and works very good in demo i only used on my centroid control and had no problems with post bought two seats and try it on tnc 151 control and need to edit post like i did in v23 but no post editor to be found did they take it out or did they hide it some where i have use bbc from v22 and allways got to editor thru c files bobcad v what every but I don't see it in v25 can any one help me with this.
    Thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by RMT41 View Post
    HI every one i upgraded to v25 bbc from v23 skiped 24 the 25 looks and works very good in demo i only used on my centroid control and had no problems with post bought two seats and try it on tnc 151 control and need to edit post like i did in v23 but no post editor to be found did they take it out or did they hide it some where i have use bbc from v22 and allways got to editor thru c files bobcad v what every but I don't see it in v25 can any one help me with this.
    Thanks
    David
    David

Nope, sorry, no Post Editor with V25, there wasn`t one in V24 either but as you skipped that one you didn`t see that.

Every one just uses Notepad these days, easier by far, in your Mill Post folder there is a file named PostVariables.txt, all the variables you would normally find through the old Editor are in there along with a description of their function.

When you use Notepad to open a Post go to Line 26 and change the "Debug" to debug_on, now when you post code you will see beside the lines of code information on which line in the Post Processor controls what the output of that line is, makes it very easy to track down which line in the Post Processor needs changing etc

After you have made your changes and checked they are OK you can go back and turn off the debug and re-post your code without the debug stuff in it

Sounds a lot but you will soon get the hang of it, it is easier and better than the Editor IMHO

Regards

Rob
    Thanks very much for the reply I will see what I can do on note pad always something new to learn.
    Thanks
    David

I'm curious about this subject also. I cannot find a post that will work with my older machine and I cannot find the editor to build a post for it. I am working on Version 23 with the newest build. I have the original V23 CD and cannot find the editor on it either so it must not have come with it unless it is hidden. I know everyone is using notepad but was hoping to find the editor as the guy helping me was also hoping to find it....does anyone have a solution to building a post maybe from scratch without typing it all out in Notepad? Thanks

There is where the file resides(I use 64 bit Vista)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5555.jpg  

I am using Windows 7 and I do not have that in my files? by any chance, I dont know if its possible but could you share it to me? Mine says BobcadV23 but not Bobcadv23.exe like yours....

You have a Private Message

Just so not to leave others hanging,this had happened years ago to me.I don't quite remember what happened,but I knew I use to have the mill post editor,then the next time I had looked for it,it was not there.I think came to the conclusion an update taketh away.So thru an E-Mail another member gave me the 2 files(which I use to have)and back in business.That is what I have done here too.I did not want to put the files up here because I did not want someone to frown upon this.But these are files we use to have.And obviously this is an un-resolved problem that will never be fixed.This is BoB V23 Build 1812 we are talking about.Just so everyone knows.

Also was missing this file Milling0008R.dll

Do not use the Mill post editor for the current version of the software. It does not have the current variables included along with it makes a mess out of the post. Your best bet is to work on the post in notepad. It is fairly simple to do any since the post is laid out in blocks, just turn the debug mode on and work in the blocks that you need to change.