585,898 active members*
5,098 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > End of Bar signal read on Fanuc 21i

End of Bar signal read on Fanuc 21i

I have Colchester Tornado T8M with Fanuc 21i, and I have installed a barfeeder LNS. I could set all the interface but now I need to know how can I check the End Bar on CNC program. I have the input from barfeeder and I need to read the condition on my NC program. Any idea? I have tried already to use 2nd Block Delete but on this machine is not working.

that is all i have used in the past you just need to get the option.

You could use just the regular / Block skip but you wont be able to use it any other time

the /2 is part of the wireing you did so you would have to find the regular / block skip signal and tie into that

Quote Originally Posted by isousa View Post
    I have Colchester Tornado T8M with Fanuc 21i, and I have installed a barfeeder LNS. I could set all the interface but now I need to know how can I check the End Bar on CNC program. I have the input from barfeeder and I need to read the condition on my NC program. Any idea? I have tried already to use 2nd Block Delete but on this machine is not working.
    It's highly likely that your control is equipped with the User Macro option; not many late model Fanuc controls don't have this feature. That being so, the Bar End signal can be interfaced to the control via the Interface Inputs and the state of the input read via a User Macro statement. System variable #1032 is used to read the all 32 points of the input signals at one time. Accordingly, by using the bit-wise AND, you can determine the status of the focus input, or the point can be read directly by querying the state of the individual input interface variable of the focus input.

For example, if the input was wired to point 4 and the bit pattern pattern read by #1032 was 1011 (four least significant bits) then the following would return "0".

#1= [4 AND #1032]

If, however, the bit pattern were 1111, then the above Macro statement would return 4. You could use the above logic in a conditional statement in the CNC bar feed program. If the state of the input is logic 1 then the program would branch, or call another program to do whatever is required at Bar End.

Regards,

Bill

Or, if the machine has a standard skip signal input that works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Or, if the machine has a standard skip signal input that works as well.
    So how are you determining if the skip signal has been made? Are you querying the coordinate value stored in the system variable #5061, or #5063?

Regards,

Bill