585,967 active members*
4,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X4 missing zones in pocket toolpath

Mastercam X4 missing zones in pocket toolpath

Hi, I'm starting to use X4 (came from X2) and for some reason, when I do pocketing operations and simulate the toolpath some somes appear to be left un-machined, I would appreciate some help as to why is this happening. I attach the mastercam file and jpg of the toolpath simulation. Ironically, I can't upload mastecam files directly, had to zip it. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change the stepover amount.

Thanks, already tried with everything from 1 - 99% steppover, also every pattern: zigzag, parallel spiral, clean corners, true spiral, and it will always leave something behind, specially in the two "corners" where the arc meets the outside contour.

Try turning OFF the "Finish" component for the pocketing ( or leave only a small amount, say 5-10% of the cutter base diameter) - this may be what is stuffing you around.

Roughing stepover, say 50-70%, use the clean corners strategy, ( or try the hi-speed one on the far right ( it may be hiding ), this one adds radii on the inner corners of the toolpath to make the it smoother ( easier on the cutter ).

thanks

you really are super... man! Turning off the finishing pass did the trick, now there are a 4 or 5 strategies that work perfectly, including the highspeed one, some even are close enough to a finished look so I will probably skip that. Thanks a lot, have a great day.