584,866 active members*
5,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Where to find Mastercam x5 or x6 software?

Where to find Mastercam x5 or x6 software?

Hi everybody, I don't know if this has already been posted but I am going to ask anyway. My machine tool teacher told me to be wary of buying mastercam software off of a website that sells it for cheap because that is actually a pirated copy of the original $40,000 software and that is a Federal Offense with a punishment of up to 100,000 dollars and up to 30 years in jail. Is this accurate and if so, where can I find a good software to use in my garage on my personal CNC mill that is legit and wont bring me trouble with the feds? Any help would be appreciated and any verification is welcome as well. Thank y'all.

Yes, pirated software exists. The only safe place to get a legit copy of Mastercam is from the software maker. If you ae looking for alternatives for CAM software, there are many andsome are mych less costly or even free. Try cambam, heeks cad/cam, and even learning ti program g-code on your own. For 2.5D parts it isn't all that tough but is somewhat time consuming.

Just to clarify what the OP seems to be asking.....

Cad AND Cam software (Mastercam, Gibbscam, Solidworks, etc) are nearly always purchased directly through a single regional reseller...IOW you have only one place that you can purchase Mastercam legally and it is based on where you're located.

BTW - Mastercam lathe starts around 3k and mill around 5 or 7k I think. Expensive...but not 40k unless you are getting all the bells and whistles.

As a student you may want to look for the freebies mentioned or check with Mastercam for the student version to learn on. I believe it is free....?
    Tim

theres all kinds of free easy to use cam software that you can use on your garage jobber