585,996 active members*
4,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > I need Two Paramaters for 6M Control

I need Two Paramaters for 6M Control

I need everyone's help again with a Fanuc 6M control on an old Acroloc machining center. I'm sure it's a couple parameters I need fixed.

When the machine is running a program the control does not pick up the programmed feedrate nor does the feedrate override switch work at all.
    I discovered the only control of the feedrate I have is using the manual jog
    feedrate switch and remember thats when in program mode and the machine is running a program.
    Also:
    Again while running a program I have to press and hold the rapid button for the axis' to move at rapid rate.

I hope someone can help me out and I appreciate any words of help.
    Thank You!
    TC

I would bring up the diagnostic screen and test/check all operator input functions for open or short condition and correct activation.
    The symtoms you describe do not seem like it would be a parameter problem to me, more of defective logic somewhere.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thank you, I will look into that.
    TC

Dry Run?

Check to see if your DRY RUN switch is on, or if it's shorted. DRY RUN causes all the programmed feedrates to increase to the normal JOG feedrate, and it makes the Jog override switch work instead of the usual feedrate override switch. DRY RUN also drops all the rapid motions to the same jog feedrate.

There's a diagnostic bit for the DRY RUN switch, but I'm not sure what bit that is. It's somewhere between 90 and 110, so display that area of the diagnostics and turn the switch on/off and see if you can spot a bit changing.

The Dry Run sure sounds like what is going on, I can't wait till tomorrow to try it out. I will let you know tomorrow, I can't thank you enough.
    TC

Dan,
    Thank you very much, the dry run button was depressed and that was my problem. You saved me so much trouble. Thank You!!!!!
    Tom C

I had a similar problem with the 6M control I have. I found the limit switches for the X axis off.. and the Dry Run signals off with the Jog control stepping every 2 to 5 secons.

What might be happeining here? This problem is itermittent. I've run the Diagnostics as much as I could find out and called a friend who knows a bit about the 6M I have, but he's stumped about it.

At the last time this happened I was running a large part, but the feedrate and speeds were steady so I wasn't so alarmed.. but I hoped it wouldn't crash.

Otherwise the control operates normally. Oh, and the control picks up the feedrate most of the time, but sometimes when this happens it doesn't.

Greg