Hello all,

Picked an Okuma & Howa NC 4PS lathe. Equipped with Fanuc 6T control, Fanuc motors and drives.

Need some help getting it up and running, don't know much about these controls. I have the Fanuc programming manual, but do not have the Okuma operating manual. Any source for this? Will Okuma laugh at me?

I've figured out how to zero return the machine, and set X and Z absolute zeroes.

In MDI mode, I can move the axes at rapid speed, but have no idea how to move them at feed rate. The command page shows G00 active, but I don't know how (or if) I can change that to G01.

Next, no idea how to execute a tool change or spindle function from MDI.

Also, I have a two speed gearbox. How do I select the speed ranges? Are there standard Fanuc M codes for this?

I was able to input M3/M03, M6/M06, but they did nothing upon pressing start. I assume this age of control wants leading zeros in the M codes?

Whats the correct format for spindle speeds? (S word) 2 digit? 4 digit?

How about tool numbers? T2? T02? T0200? T0202?

Do I need to be in a certain XZ position to change tools?

Please fill me in on this stuff. The Fanuc book has tons of info, but seems to leave out lots of little details.

The next big problem is that the spindle drive has an error LED lit, "LED 2", with the following written above it:

Error Excess
Phase Sequ
ence

I've checked that all phases are present on both sides of the big fuses.

The machine was previously wired for 208v 3ph., and my shop has 240v 3ph, so I changed to the 220 or 230v taps on all the transformers as available. The spindle drive doesn't have any alternate taps on the transformer inside that I can see. Any ideas?

Please help!

Thanks,

Kevin