585,670 active members*
4,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Spindle start and stop and tool change

Spindle start and stop and tool change

I am using the generic router post processor. When my g code generates there is no "s" value for speed so the spindle will turn on when I first start the program but when it gets to the first tool change it goes to home and without hitting cycle start again the program will carry on and not re-start the spindle. I can go in and manually write the lines, but is there a way the bobcad can generate the correct code? BTW I am using a mini maxpath with a modified mach 3 controler that came with the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by inman20k View Post
    I am using the generic router post processor. When my g code generates there is no "s" value for speed so the spindle will turn on when I first start the program but when it gets to the first tool change it goes to home and without hitting cycle start again the program will carry on and not re-start the spindle. I can go in and manually write the lines, but is there a way the bobcad can generate the correct code? BTW I am using a mini maxpath with a modified mach 3 controler that came with the machine.
    Open your Post Processor in Notepad and go to line 3 which is the toolchange coding, there should be a line like this:-

n,s,spindle_on

This will call up the spindle speed and turn the spindle on, if it isn`t there then insert it immediately after the line:-

n_forced,t,"M06"

Regards