585,665 active members*
5,631 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > tree 325 journeyman

Angry tree 325 journeyman

I just purchase a tree 325 and it was working before I move it, but now I just got the power hook up and I can't get the crt to come up it seems that all i'm getting is horizontal lines moving up and down it also seems like is not booting up, can some one point me the right way to diagnose the problem before you tell me to retrofit?? :cheers:

Nothing wrong with dynapath really. Easy control to use for sure.

First this to check is you incoming power, and are you now on a phase converter?

Second, just check for any connectors that came loose in shipping, and possibly need to re seat the boards.

Yes running on 10hp phase converter, wires have been check and boards re-seat it

And on what terminal is the manufactured leg on? You want to make sure it's not on the control power lines, I don't remember if it goes on the third or middle on the breaker any longer. Electrical prints will show it though.

And on what terminal is the manufactured leg on? You want to make sure it's not on the control power lines, I don't remember if it goes on the third or middle on the breaker any longer. Electrical prints will show it though.

I'm not too sure what you mean with the manufacture leg on is, can you explain?

I don't have any electrical prints

One line of your incoming power to the machine is being made by the phase converter. That line should never go to the control power supply, since it's usually not very clean. The other 2 would be, since they come from your service provider. The manufactured leg should go to what ever pole on the main breaker runs motors only. Controls are single phase, so they don't require the third leg to operate. I'd call bob at ZPS and ask him.

One line of your incoming power to the machine is being made by the phase converter. That line should never go to the control power supply, since it's usually not very clean. The other 2 would be, since they come from your service provider. The manufactured leg should go to what ever pole on the main breaker runs motors only. Controls are single phase, so they don't require the third leg to operate. I'd call bob at ZPS and ask him.

Do you know bob's number? I took some pics of the phese converter hook ups can you inbox me your email so I can send you the pics of all the hook ups?

I can dig up his number tomorrow, he was with tree from loooong time ago.

Please do! I will appreciate that alot thanks...

Try to find wiring diagram for your machine
    some one on this forum will have one
    if you can find one send it to me
    i will print it out full size
    also i am not sure the reset button is working
    if we can push in the reset relay and i latches
    the safety's are good
    give me a shout this morning when you can
    harry
    (BUBBA)

Make sure cabinet doors are closed or at least the switches are or else it won't come on. The incoming 220V line should go on the middle connection.
    Todd

Make sure cabinet doors are closed or at least the switches are or else it won't come on. The incoming 220V line should go on the middle connection.
    Todd

All switches are fine that was the first thing I check. can you be more specific with incoming 220v line?

PM me with an email address and I'll send you 2 pictures...one inside the cabinet where the "manufactured voltage" line goes and the wiring diagram.
    Todd

7 Images sent to your email.

Todd

(wish there was an easy way to share these with others!)

thank you!

This could be an NC issue, video card issue, or CRT problem. Can you tell me what NC Control you have in the machine?

Jason

I solve the issue, there was loose connections thats all.

Thank you!

monitor problems

Seems as though I am having the same small problem. Can you share those pics with me? Please read my post about the monitor, and maybe you can help. Thanks

My problem was the power supply, try to move the wires around and see what happens thats what I did maybe a few light hand taps on the side of the power supply. I dnt have any pics on me but I do have some at home PM me your number so we can talk and maybe I can help you get your machine going.