585,589 active members*
3,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc part program back-up

I have a Fanuc 310i control on a G&L mill. I want to save all of the part programs on an external drive. I can't locate a folder on the C drive with the part part programs in it. We have about 10 different folders with 10 to 20 programs in each. If I use the outputting programs instructions from the book it only saves the one folder I am in and combines all the files into one file. Please let me know how to save the folders and there content in a more user freindly form.

punch them out one by one.
    or punch everything and use a program to split them into their original files again. a program to do that is attached. it came from one of our nice CNCzone users.
    the program expects the all-punched file to be named all-prog.txt and it must have a % at the top of the file.
    then simply double click on the .exe and it'll split the large single file into separate programs.
    try to better manage your programs instead of storing them in separate folders to avoid this problem in future......
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks a lot.
    have you got project file for this program

no

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    or punch everything and use a program to split them into their original files again. a program to do that is attached. it came from one of our nice CNCzone users.
    the program expects the all-punched file to be named all-prog.txt and it must have a % at the top of the file.
    then simply double click on the .exe and it'll split the large single file into separate programs.
    try to better manage your programs instead of storing them in separate folders to avoid this problem in future......
    WOW this CNCProgsep.exe is awesome Thanks a bunch!!

Re: fanuc part program back-up

If you aren't comfortable running a random executable posted to a forum without source take a look at this project. This one is open source and it's really short. You can easily read the whole thing quickly. It has no external dependencies. It's 100% C#. It's also MIT license so you can put your company name on it, compile it yourself, and maintain it internally.

https://github.com/A9G-Data-Droid/Sp...rogram-Backup/

Cool Re: fanuc part program back-up

ALL-PROG.TXT splitter has been created on VB.NET .

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cnc-splitter/

screenshot :

How do you use it

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    How do you use this?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator1 View Post
    How do you use it
    All the information you need to run my tool is in the readme, clearly visible on the main page of the repo. If you don't know how to run command line utilities you should contact your IT dept.