585,728 active members*
5,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

610 plus connection issues

I'm trying to move my multicam DNC from an ancient windows 95 machine over to a new laptop(the old one is starting to misbehave)

This is an old multicam 610 circa 1995 running v3.26. I recently had to make a new serial cable for it, but everything seems to work fine with the existing setup.

So far I've got a usb to serial adapter on the laptop and mx32 installed. It claims it found the machine on com1, but it only manages to freeze the machine controls. Nothing more

Does anybody have a trouble shooting guide for this?

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaFactory View Post
    I'm trying to move my multicam DNC from an ancient windows 95 machine over to a new laptop(the old one is starting to misbehave)

This is an old multicam 610 circa 1995 running v3.26. I recently had to make a new serial cable for it, but everything seems to work fine with the existing setup.

So far I've got a usb to serial adapter on the laptop and mx32 installed. It claims it found the machine on com1, but it only manages to freeze the machine controls. Nothing more

Does anybody have a trouble shooting guide for this?
    I have a pdf showing the various MC/Extratech boards and software time line and the v3.26 shows only WinDNC not MX32, that was a later upgrade.

Neal

So, I guess I could be able to run it in a vmware environment, maybe get a usb -to-serial adapter. That way I can at least use a computer that I'm not worried about crashing at any second

Do you know if the gcodes are the same as always? or do I need to find an older spec and write my own posts

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaFactory View Post
    Do you know if the gcodes are the same as always? or do I need to find an older spec and write my own posts
    Pretty sure they are the same as always. MultiCam - Support - M & G Codes

I've switched most all of my design & toolpath output from Enroute to Vectric's Aspire their PP works great and is very smooth.

Neal